Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 3:39:04 AM EDT
Just finished her up for a customer. Gun recieved a few upgrades & odds & ends..
Lowered ,flared & forward cut port
EB Extended ejector
EGW fitted bushing,plug & thumb safety
Flushed ,throated & deep crowned barrel
Blended rear of slide to frame
Polished feed ramp
Tighten slide to frame
10-8 rear & front (modified with a gold bead)
Wilson flat trigger
20 lpi checkering & under cut
Topped off with Graphite Black Cerakote

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful job!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks really good BUT I wish you guys would clean up the area I have circled below.  That is the one thing that always digs into my thumb when I'm shooting.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It looks really good BUT I wish you guys would clean up the area I have circled below.  That is the one thing that always digs into my thumb when I'm shooting.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l602/gun_stuff/DSC00636.jpg

All parts are hit with 400gr prior to media blast & Cerakote , but I agree some parts can get sharp.

Lou
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you didn't list the BT as a mod you did, how come you didn't suggest to the customer to have another one blended to the frame?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking gun

I am not a fan of the "COLT M1991A1™" Billboard on the slide , I have seen shops that can remove that and re-stamp something else on it. but that's pure cosmetic personal preference

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since you didn't list the BT as a mod you did, how come you didn't suggest to the customer to have another one blended to the frame?

Not sure why he didnt want it. He sent it in with the firearm. Not sure if he had a budget to work with or not. If I have had carte blanche then it would have had a S&A grip safety , Kart MN barrel,flushed & recessed slide stop, blended magwell & ball cuts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I figured it was something to do with the customer...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Really nice work!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Under cut looks clean. Billboard dates the gun. Not offensive to my eye.
Its beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
looks awesome
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks great.  I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of the flat trigger.  But, hey, everyone is entitled to their preferences.

I do like the big gold dot front sight and the big U notch in the rear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top