Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2003 11:57:58 AM EDT
Any opinions on this pistol, I'm looking at it for my first .45 auto, any advice would help. Eventually I will get a Kimber, just want to get the Colt first to get used to a .45
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:07:22 PM EDT
I'm going to avoid the whole "This brand is better" argument that's going to follow shortly after....

A Colt 1991, a Springfield Mil-Spec or Loaded Model, or a Kimber make a great first .45.

Check them out, decide which one you like the fit and finish of better, which one has the options you want, and then throw in which one has the price that suits your budget best and in all likelihood you'll have a quality 1911 that you'll be happy owning and shooting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:21:23 PM EDT
No "this brand is better" argument from me as all the aboved named brands would have made me happy as a first .45.
Truth be told, IMO, some Colts I have had needed a little help in the trigger department, but still worked fine.
My 1991 in stainless is a keeper, other than a little trigger help, it hits point of aim and has never failed...which was the gun in question.
Why not get the Kimber you want and get "used" to it in the first place? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:26:26 PM EDT
The way I've bought rifles, I know myself and will not be happy with just a few pistols, I figured I'd get my feet wet with the inexpensive colt first.(I am going to buy a .44 S&W at the same time )
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:46:29 PM EDT
I guess "inexpensive" is a relative term.
And I thought you were limited to one, at least for now, so naturally figured to start out with what you will end up with.
Yup, like me, you may not be able to stop at a few, but that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:31:08 PM EDT
Pardon me for asking the obvious. Why not go ahead & get the Kimber to start with? From what I see, the price from Colt to Kimber isn't that much higher.

My .o2
Top Top