Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 2:56:53 PM EDT
After I pickup my Defender my next buy will most likely be a Colt 5" 1911.  Must have combat/fixed sights and will be used as defense/target weapon.  Looking at the Colt site----limited info-----1991, XSE, ser70, Spl Combat Gov???

Need some help as to which is which and what you would recomend.

Thanks for any help,
GTD
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
New series 70, mine needed nothing. If one would want a beavertail I could see that, but I don't have a problem with hammer bite or whatever, some do tho. Or look at a Kimber warrior tho they are a bit overpriced right now. SA operator is nice also. But I really really like my S-70rep.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you're looking for a box stock good to go Colt then I'd say either the XSE or the Gunsight Colt.

Thanks much, looks like the XSE or if I have a few bucks more the Gunsite.  The XSE sure looks alot like a larger Defender, which I like.

GTD
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot the GSP Colt. Pretty nice gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a XSE and it is a great 1911
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've shot the GSP Colt. Pretty nice gun.

Thanks Jack!  Maybe I'll have the extra for the GSP.  Like you said better to get what you want the first time.

GTD
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a XSE and it is a great 1911

What do you like best about it?  BTW, the trgger on my Defender is GREAT!!!!------No trig work on this baby!  

GTD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top