Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2007 3:05:13 PM EDT
Since it has been so quiet around the Colt section I thought I would chime in. Just bought one for $787.00 brand new and the fit and finish is awesome. Gun is tight but not too tight like a Baer. Trigger is great, and breaks clean at 4.5 lbs with a little slack but I factor that in for reliability. Blue black finish is beautiful....Colt does have a nice finish. Might put in for a Colt Gunsite model soon in stainless steel. Will have a range report this weekend.

ESQ

PS love the new rollmarkings...looks retro and is very cool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn....
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ranger Report:

Finally shot the gun yesterday and the first 8 shots out of this Colt was unbelievable! At 10 yards I put 3 in the same hole and the rest of the 5 around the circle like a clover leaf shape. I am definitely impressed with my XSE gun. It was smooth and the trigger broke clean like glass. Just amazed. I guess it was not a lie when people said this gun comes out of the Colt Custom Shop. Since the gunsite model is not for sale anymore....might just have to get the lightweight commander in XSE Paid $787.00 with shipping for this gun. Well worth it!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!  I've been thinking about getting another Colt myself.  I was thinking about a NRM government or perhaps a lightweight commander.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on another great pony!!

GTD
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks GoldTop. I didnt drink no Colt Kool aid either. The gun's performance is the proof!

ESQ
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a SS XSE Gov and love mine as well.  I had to pick between the XSE and a blued Gold Cup.  I carry, so the XSE seemed like the better fit.  I love mine and like yours has ended up a great shooter!

Enjoy!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top