Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/14/2003 7:37:50 AM EDT
What do ya'll think about these little guns.
are tehy worth about $120 as a decent little pocket gun? Or are they junk like many other cheap guns?
I was considering one b/c I need a cheap carry gun right now.
-Chuck
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:52:11 AM EDT
I would avoid those.
Davis has been known for cheap, pot metal guns of questionable quality.
I would look for a used Mak in that price range, as an example.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:13:47 AM EDT
Agreed look for a Makarov or a CZ50. Bought a used nickel Davis Derringer in 25ACP years ago (serial #3030) that only last one box of ammo. Knew of another in 38 SPL that blew up with a standard pressure factory load. Guy lost some fingers. No experience with Cobra.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:10:06 PM EDT
I had one of those cobray 410/45lc single shot derringers . It worked well , was fun to shoot , and the thing was made pretty well but it was also clunky , ugly, the finish sucked, and the safety was a joke . I think it was worth the 50 bucks I paid for it just because it was fun to shoot but I wouldnt rely on anything like that for even a backup gun. Now that I think about it I wouldnt rely on ANYTHING for a back up gun because I live in communist Ohio and we arnt aloud to carry guns only the criminals that dont care are aloud !
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:12:56 AM EDT
If you want a Derringer try.

www.amderringer.com/m1.html

My brother carries one in 10mm. Yes it a little cannon. He carries some Speer Golt Dot 180 grn loaded by Georgia Arms I think. It rocks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:26:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2003 9:27:04 AM EDT by mjohn3006]
I own a Davis P-380. 380 Automatic

It was my first handgun, so I may never get rid of it for sentimental reasons. But what a piece of crap. I had to smooth and smooth and smooth the feed ramp with steel wool to get it so that it does not jam until you shoot about 25 rounds. then it starts jamming just about every other shot.

I recently had to replace the trigger group on it, because the metal wore down and the gun stopped working.

If all Davis products are like mine, then they are not really worth getting.

HOWEVER......It is kind of funny to watch COPS. About 1 in 3 guns they take off a criminal is a Davis P-380 or P-32. So I get the priviliage of yelling "I HAVE ONE OF THOSE" all the time.
Top Top