Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 6:33:20 AM EDT
I've got a stainless S&W 1911 that I would like to make grey or black. Anyone have any suggestions as to who can do a good job of turning this silver thing grey or black.

Shabo
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes!

I have inquired about this matter before with wilson combat in arizona, you can find them on the net.

They offer the polymer type armor tuff finish which is better than parkerizing, they also parkerize its cheaper.  They said that all they would have to do is beadblast the stainless finish, I guess to rough it up some before applying the finish.

It should work fine, I would imagine that its much like a Sig p226 with a stainless, blackened slide; or a sniper rifle with a stainless blackened barrel.

I'm gonna send my stainless 1911 into wilson when I get some cash and have it two toned with armor tough finish.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wilson Combat is in ARIZONA?

Last time I checked it was Berryville, Arkansas.

ROBAR custom finsihes is in Arizona.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, hell whatever.  I suppose I confused AR with AZ.  Iv'e only placed phone orders so I never paid too much attention.

Now it all makes sense though, So thats why they all have mullets in their catalogue!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So thats why they all have mullets in their catalogue!

Even the women!

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy with the scatter gun has an interesting mullet.

You might also consider Rocky Mountain Arm's Bear Coat.  It's the teflon finish that Les Baer uses on their pistols and rifles.

www.bearcoat.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top