Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/5/2013 3:30:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/5/2013 4:49:37 PM EST by aznav]
I have waited 40 years to purchase a Python. It seems that each decade, as my salary would increase, so would the Python. I just never could afford it or justify buying it. On another former home state forum I found this Python for half of the going rate - even less if you consider the condition. In addition, I really was not paying attention to the leather. But, when the Python arrived, I was stunned to see that it was El Paso Leather. The action is smooth as butter. The recoil surprisingly small, the Royal Blue in almost perfect condition, and the accuracy, "out of the box", was incredible. It was one of those rare times when I showed up on the site and this puppy had only been up less than a day. I was sure it was sold. On a larger site, seriously, it would not have lasted an hour, if that. I looked at the guy's join date and knew he had been on that forum for five years with good feedback. Somedays a diamond...

Ta-Da!!! Success!!!

Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:49:13 AM EST
Congrats and post pics when u get it
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:46:22 AM EST
If you copy and paste the URL at the bottom you can see them. I have the d@mndest time getting pictures uploaded on this forum.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 10:04:39 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aznav:
If you copy and paste the URL at the bottom you can see them. I have the d@mndest time getting pictures uploaded on this forum.
View Quote

Nope - not with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome -- oh well, sounds like its a nice one though --- its not from Hampton Roads is it?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:18:00 PM EST
Very Nice!
Mine is also a 4" blue,
except I changed the grips to cocobolos.
Love the way it shoots and the action is superb!
Again, Congrats on a Great find!

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 1:34:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/6/2013 8:20:27 AM EST by streetstar]
Beautiful!-- love the grips Knight -- is that a special factory run? , or are they aftermarket ---- I'd love to find a set similar to those for my 8"er
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:54:15 AM EST
BEAUTIMUS, KNIGHT, BEAUTIMUS!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 3:23:32 AM EST
Sweet...curious how much it set you back if you're willing to share.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 3:54:08 AM EST
Hey congrats OP...I officially hate you now

JK...great find and sometimes it just lucks out that way. Good score.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:18:10 AM EST
Aznav -- I see you figured out the pic thing ! --- I'm glad because I rarely get tired of seeing pics of beautiful Pythons --- that's a sweet field ready package with the holster and speed loaders !

I have a 6" nickel and an 8" blued model myself --- One of the recent Snake threads here has got me moderately on the lookout for a 4" to somewhat round out the collection - either a stainless, or a blued model with some holster wear, as I'd use it for a field gun - the 6" and 8" guns are target guns for me

(2.5 and 3" 'ers are very $$ for me -- plus some collectors say no collection is complete unless you have each barrel length in each finish option, -- but I'd rather have just 2 or 3 and enjoy them immensely, than have 15 or 16 gathering dust )
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:43:55 PM EST
Good golly, "to round out the collection". If I did that I'd have to resell them to pay the divorce lawyer!!

Sigh, now I have to go find some cocobolos grips. Thanks, I think.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:45:01 PM EST
I hate you too, Gotu, but in a good way...

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 1:02:08 PM EST
Ps., for anyone interested, that is not a closed cylinder on a cocked and loaded gun. I freaked when I saw it and then realized that the side lamp light, together with the open cylinder made it look that way.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:28:55 AM EST
BEAUTIMUS, KNIGHT, BEAUTIMUS!!

Originally Posted By streetstar:
Beautiful!-- love the grips Knight -- is that a special factory run? , or are they aftermarket ---- I'd love to find a set similar to those for my 8"er
View Quote

Thanks guys!
BTW the grips are Herrets cocobolos.
I like the Herrets as they have a nice color and natural texture to it

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:11:10 PM EST
Beee AAA Utiful.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:21:03 PM EST
Ps., for anyone interested, that is not a closed cylinder on a cocked and loaded gun. I freaked when I saw it and then realized that the side lamp light, together with the open cylinder made it look that way.
View Quote

I don't understand. The cylinder is closed (see ejector rod). The hammer and trigger are both back. Rounds are visible in the cylinder. Which part is the optical illusion?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:01:48 PM EST
I'm going to retake the pic for my own curiosity. It is beyond my imagination that I would pull a hammer back on a loaded revolver. What i think I did was lay the cylinder up against the frame. The pic before is wide open and this one is shot straight on. If I'm wrong on this, I will fess up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:56:54 PM EST
VERY nice gun! I'm VERY jealous!

My wife inherited her father's 6" Royal Blue Python some years ago. SWEEEEEEEEET gun! And it shot AMAZINGLY well! I shot the following group at 25 yds with my .38+P reloads. I normally don't shoot anywhere near that well; the stars aligned that time and everything just fell into place. Sadly, I couldn't replicate it again, so I had to take pics so my wife would believe me.

Yes, there really are 6 shots there. Simply AMAZING!

Sadly, we had to sell it when we were buying our current house. We were initially told that, due to our excellent credit, we didn't need a down payment. Then, 2 weeks before we closed, they came back and told us that they screwed up, they needed $2500.00 in 2 weeks or no house. We didn't have much of anything else to sell, so the Python went, along with my Colt Combat Commander, my Russian Makarov and a few others. Sad, sad day, but we had told the landlords at our old house were moving out, they had it already rented and were just waiting for us to move out and we had, literally, nowhere to go. Can't live in a gun, and it was my wife's gun to sell, so off it went. She doesn't regret it, even though I do. I WILL have another someday, though. Enjoy yours and, if you can help it, NEVER let it go!

Bub75
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:48:10 AM EST
I really like the Python 4". I had one and I liked it better than the 6".
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:41:31 AM EST
I would love to have a Python

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:55:08 AM EST
Bub,

Apologies, for the rough times on finances. Been there...

That would bring up a thread on my thoughts on bankers and the mortgage industry but let's not spoil this thread...
Top Top