Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:43:25 PM EDT
Just got it home today, aint she a beaut?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
fell apart already?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
fell apart already?

Yeah, it was the damndest thing, on the first shot, every single part flew off the gun... even the grip medallions.

I only managed to find the barrel, the mag, and the bolt.  The bolt was easy, since it lodged in my right eye socket.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
so how did you get hold of a ruger part like that if I may be so bold
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It was easy.

I went to the local gunstore, bought a new MKIII 22/45, stripped everything off of it, put the upper on 3 websites for sale, and put the rest of the parts in a baggie to be reassembled after I finish my modifications.

I really wish someone would sell JUST the frames... they could make a killing.

This one is getting a Tac-Sol Pac-Lite upper, a C-More Railway, trigger work, and I'm modifying the frame so it will take 1911 grips.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was easy.

I went to the local gunstore, bought a new MKIII 22/45, stripped everything off of it, put the upper on 3 websites for sale, and put the rest of the parts in a baggie to be reassembled after I finish my modifications.

This one is getting a Tac-Sol Pac-Lite upper, a C-More Railway, trigger work, and I'm modifying the frame so it will take 1911 grips.

gotcha
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1  I need just a 10/22 receiver.  it would save me lots of time looking for a junker.
Seems Ruger could make a ton selling just the frame and receivers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  I need just a 10/22 receiver.  it would save me lots of time looking for a junker.
Seems Ruger could make a ton selling just the frame and receivers.

apparently people that want just frames aren't "responsible"
"Arms makers for responsible citizens"
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF.

It's their new ultralight model.  I got mine with the new ghost camo finish on the bbl/receiver.

By the way, I picked up the Hogue 1911 govn't wrap-arounds today and I'm just waiting until I have access to a mill.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to install some sort of bushing into the frame or if I want to just epoxy the grips to the frame and then epoxy some grip screw heads into the holes.  If I can find a bushing that will work, I'd rather do it that way.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I lost my patience and went at it with a dremel.  It got the job done, but it took a lot longer than it would have if I had access to the Bridgeport I love to use.

And here's a quick mock-up:

Now I have to install the 1911 grip screw bushings.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I lost my patience and went at it with a dremel.  It got the job done, but it took a lot longer than it would have if I had access to the Bridgeport I love to use.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2-3.jpg

looks damn good for a dremel job
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/Cypher214/Step2-3.jpg

looks damn good for a dremel job

Thanks.

It took me about an hour per side because I went REALLY slow to avoid any "OH SHIT!" incidents.

If I had done it on a Bridgeport like I wanted to, it would have taken me about 30 minutes and looked a lot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top