Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/19/2006 2:38:06 PM EDT
I am looking to get a cheap paddle holster for my GLOCK 19. I always carry the G19 in a Threat Solutions UCR IWB holster. I want the paddle to keep the GLOCK in my car's console for the times when I am a Kahr in my pocket . The paddle will only be worn in an emergency situation so I want something that is quick to get on and take off.

Which is better, the Galco Matrix or the Uncle Mike's. I am not interested in the Fobus, as it holds the gun WAY too tight for my liking.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:45:45 PM EDT
i liked my fobus alot better than my UM

i'll trade it to ya for a USGI mag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:54:15 PM EDT
NIETHER!

Get a FOBUS PADDLE holster, by far MUCH BETTER!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:59:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Msokol13:
NIETHER!

Get a FOBUS PADDLE holster, by far MUCH BETTER!

I had a Fobus and sold it to get one of the others. The Fobus holds the gun WAY too tight. If I need to grab the pistol from the console, I don't want to have to use both hands to get it out of the holster. The Galco and Uncle Mike's both have tension adjustment screws. Also, the rivets on the Fobus left a big gouge on the frame of my weapon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:34:38 PM EDT
I have yet to see an Uncle Mike product that was worth the package it came in.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:19:41 PM EDT
Fobus, the only way to go.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:30:16 PM EDT
My wife has a UM paddle holster and she loves it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:38:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

My .o2

I don't like to slam manufacturers but +1 on this comment about Uncle Mike's. I think they could make a killing supplying holsters to the Airsoft crowd.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:17:39 PM EDT
+1 on the Fobus, I used to run Galco paddles until I tried a Fobus--good rig
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:15:44 PM EDT
Once again, I had a Fobus and sold it because I didn't like it. Why would would I buy another a week later?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:32:09 PM EDT
How did the rivet scratch the frame? All three of my Fobus holsters the rivets are not inside where the gun would go in. They are sandwiched on the outside and the plastic molds out and then into the shape....and yes all are for glocks. Im not sure who makes it, but I have seen a vehicle mounted glock holster that my buddy really liked that might work for you. It is a kydex plastic style but it had no rivets.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:58:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tom1000rr:
How did the rivet scratch the frame? All three of my Fobus holsters the rivets are not inside where the gun would go in. They are sandwiched on the outside and the plastic molds out and then into the shape....and yes all are for glocks. Im not sure who makes it, but I have seen a vehicle mounted glock holster that my buddy really liked that might work for you. It is a kydex plastic style but it had no rivets.

My Fobus had a rivet inside the holster just below the front corner of the slide stop fence.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:43:18 PM EDT
I know you said cheap, but the CQC Serpa by Blackhawk are nice too. Between Uncle Mike's and Galco, I would probably go with Galco. I have a belt loop Galco Matrix holster for my Para-Ordnance Tac Four and P12. It works out pretty good. Haven't tried a Galco paddle yet, or any Uncle Mike's holster. And yes, Fobus holsters do tend to hold a gun in tight. I have a Fobus holster for my Taurus Millenium. It works out ok, but it does take two hands to pull it out when not hooked up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:50:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Oh, come on. Their pocket holster isn't half bad, and their Kydex mag pouches are serviceable. I have a Kydex Beretta holster that's also not too bad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT by Black_Talon]
Uncle Mike's
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:59:15 PM EDT
I liked my Uncle Mikes way better than the Fobus.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:06:05 AM EDT
Uncle Mikes is acctually built extreemly well. A local shop did a demo and broke several kydex holster. They had a Fobus, Desantes(spelling?), Blade Teck, Uncle Mikes, Galco, and a couple others, The Blade Teck and Uncle Mikes help up the best. The way they tested them was to flex them in a vice and see what cracked 1st simulating someone pulling on the holster trying to grab the gun. All of them cracked except the UM, BT and Fobus. The fobus lost rivits though and was considered a failure.
Based on that which I saw 1st hand I bought the UM paddle and it has held up well in every day carry. I'm planning to get a Blade teck soon as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:29:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 8:30:27 AM EDT by ken_mays]
I've owned a Fobus paddle or two for a gun that gets carried occasionally. I've decided I don't care for them because the gun is retained by an internal "click" that must be overcome by a strong yank before the gun will clear the holster. Uncle Mike's and others use a simple friction fit that can usually be adjusted to give you proper tension on the gun.

Plus, Fobus products aren't Kydex, they're some other kind of injection molded plastic.

I haven't used the Galco Matrix, but I've used plenty of their other products. They don't make junk -- I would feel confident in most any product of theirs.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:30:27 AM EDT
I have one of those Uncle Mike's Kydex floating around the house. Plastic seemed a little stronger than the Fobus holsters I've had.

Have gone to all leather now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:04:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:52:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TalonArms_M:
What about Blade-Tech?

Blade-Tech is good gear, but I don't want to spend $60 on a holster that I am not going to wear.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:56:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 2:56:56 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Paddle holsters suck-ass well enough on their own, so why NOT go cheap I guess.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:08:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Paddle holsters suck-ass well enough on their own, so why NOT go cheap I guess.

Yep. I can't stand wearing paddles, but I want something that will serve more as a "case" that can be worn in an emergency.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 3:58:22 PM EDT by simonsay]

Originally Posted By triburst1:

What about Blade-Tech?

Blade-Tech is good gear

and...
Comp-tac makes some nice paddles too. Comp-tac paddles, yes paddles Lumpy, and their IWB C-tac are all I use. Comp-tac holsters that I use will also allow you to use different length slides/barrels in the same holster if you need to. So one holster for a glock 26, 19, 23, 17 34, 35, 17L , you get the point. Don't know about the Galco but did have the Uncle Mikes for a while. It wasn't that bad but I gave it away. I think I have a fobus laying around somewhere that is worthless.

I just don't make enough money to spend it on cheap stuff that I don't like or can't use.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:16:05 PM EDT
I'm content with several Uncle Mikes IWB Kydex holsters I have for my G-19 and G-26

Have a Fobus paddle just because they're $10. They do hold the gun too tight, and feel cheap. They may do their job well, but I've never really worn it much so I won't outright call them crap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By simonsay:

Originally Posted By triburst1:

What about Blade-Tech?

Blade-Tech is good gear

and...
Comp-tac makes some nice paddles too. Comp-tac paddles, yes paddles Lumpy, and their IWB C-tac are all I use. Comp-tac holsters that I use will also allow you to use different length slides/barrels in the same holster if you need to. So one holster for a glock 26, 19, 23, 17 34, 35, 17L , you get the point. Don't know about the Galco but did have the Uncle Mikes for a while. It wasn't that bad but I gave it away. I think I have a fobus laying around somewhere that is worthless.

I just don't make enough money to spend it on cheap stuff that I don't like or can't use.

I purchased a used in like new condition IWB Comp-tac tuckable holster for $40. This included a magazine belt pouch as well. Not a bad deal...

To make the deal EVEN better I just sent my holster off yesterday to have it converted to a C-T.A.C. for a flat fee of $35.00.

Customer service on the phone was excellent and hopefully I will have my holster back at the end of the week or beginning of next week.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
Uncle Mikes. I use their nylon and have for years. They truly stand behind their product 100%.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
uncle mikes
but i no longer use cheap holsters....
Top Top