Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 2:38:59 PM EDT
I was at a local gun shop/range to sign up for a CHL renewal class today and while looking around I overheard a phone conversation regarding regular capacity mags for Glocks.  What I heard was that Glock would not be shipping any regular mags for about a year.  I didn't have time to investigate further as I had to bug out pretty quick.  Anybody else heard anything as such?

Jester?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Glocks will be shipping with standard capacity magazines on 10/1.  A dealer I know contacted them this week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Glock isn't going to pass up the opportunity to make money!  My guess is they have pallets and pallets sitting in Georgia
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be a tactic to unload now over-priced  regular capacity magazines.

Jester
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard today that Glock wouldnt be making them for months because they have not made any in over 10 years, then they tried to sell me $40 prebans.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard today that Glock wouldnt be making them for months because they have not made any in over 10 years, then they tried to sell me $40 prebans.

Which is absurd given the number of cops with Glocks... Glock never stopped making hicaps...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

TOTAL BS

I would ask them who makes the LEO mags then???

It may take a few months before we see any non-LEO mags as the will need to be imported/approval of forms/clear customs ect.

FB
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which is absurd given the number of cops with Glocks... Glock never stopped making hicaps...

We know this, and they may know this, but Im not going to argue just order them somewhere else.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#8]
you could always go to a gun show in south MS and get preban glock mags for $149!  I'm not kidding either.  BTW, this was before 9/13.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Keep in mind that Glock has been making and shipping normal capacity mags for the last 10 years to just about every other county in the world (except England) without the LEO markings.  I'm willing to bet that there are thousands arriving in Georgia daily.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Huh, my father in-law bought three new regular capacity mags friday for his duty weapon, glock .40, with no verification of law inforcement employment. We just walked in, asked, and walked out with the mags. The clerk said they had been filling orders for new regular capacity mags all week long and were expecting more glock mags next week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#11]
vaughn, what shop in ohio?  do you have their number?  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Jester

+1

I went to the local gun shop a few days after the ban and they still have "Pre Ban" mag for $120.00.  I nicely asked the guy what they were smoking.  He said some BS about the law wasn't clear about wheather or not the Hi Cap mag restricitions were gone.  This kind of crap makes me sick, they got stuck with over priced Pre Ban mags and are going to hold on to them hoping some poor unknowing person comes along and pays there rediculously high price.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#13]
+1
If I can do it to you for doing it to me.  Just business I guess.  Buy for $10 when they are worth $12 on the open market.  Now presumably the market price will be going down since they are no longer mas verboten.  I would still want to at least make a little profit on the item.  Resorting to making false statements about their availabilit y is wrong if this is in fact the case.  This is the sort of thing that separates an educated consumer from those not in the know.  Hopefully prices will come down to pre-ban levels and stabilize once the supply meets demand.  And for the sake of the dealers now sitting on product that was purchased at a higher price than what retail should soon be, I hope they made a buck or two when the tables were reversed 10 years ago.  Remember seeing Mini-14s selling in excess of $600 just after the ban went into affect?  You can still get them at Wally World for close to what you could before.

Jester

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jester

+1

I went to the local gun shop a few days after the ban and they still have "Pre Ban" mag for $120.00.  I nicely asked the guy what they were smoking.  He said some BS about the law wasn't clear about wheather or not the Hi Cap mag restricitions were gone.  This kind of crap makes me sick, they got stuck with over priced Pre Ban mags and are going to hold on to them hoping some poor unknowing person comes along and pays there rediculously high price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top