Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 4:25:02 AM EDT
Anyone have one or know anything about them?
I've seen them at gunshows for around $350.
I'm looking for a cheap 1911 to tinker with,like a RIA or something else  in the 300-350 range.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a CD for my first 1911.  I paid $380 for it about 6 years ago.  I has been 100% reliable since switching to 47d mags.  It's more accurate than I am.  I'm happy with the buy but it doesn't get touched anymore since buying a USP 45.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
......buddy of mine has a cd.....he likes it....knows what it is but says it`s a good shooter.....look at the rock island armory guns too....i have one for a "knock around" g i type gun and for someone who has four colts.....i`m totally impressed with this one......i`m wondering and almost think the ria and cd 45`s are made at the same phillipines operation.......anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
RIA and CD's are both made by Armscorp. However, I believe the final assembly is done at different plants. I have an EFS that I'm tinkering with. I like it so far for what it is, but it's definately no Les Baer. Shoots pretty good, pretty reliable after polishing a few surfaces.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#5]
the RIA is a good starter 1911, you won't be dissapointed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top