Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:06:19 AM EDT
I have a HP that is over 30 years old but is as cherry as the day it came out of the box. I inquired here about its use for concealed carry on this post.


I got positive response for its use as a CCW.

Because of its age, it has the old fashion stock (and small) safety catch. I think if am going to carry this concealed locked and cocked the higher profile catch would be better.

So, my questions are: where do I get one? Is it easy to change? Should I do this at all?

As far as changing it, I have limited gunsmithing experience. I have assembled a AR15 lower, but that is my resume, would I be better off with a gunsmith? Is the stock catch better for my use?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 8:22:34 PM EDT by P35FAN]
I bought a reprint of the British Armys P35 manual at a gunshow. It gives detailed dis/re assembly info. Several firms make components for the P35. Most after market parts are over sized in some areas & require minor fitting. The small factory safety is one bad point on an otherwise fine pistol. You might find a drop in safety. If so its an easy swap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 2:23:01 AM EDT by SSeric02]
I would recommend to go with a competent gunsmith. Hi Power safeties seem to be tricky to fit and are a little on the "spongy" side anyways compared to say a well fit, crisp 1911 safety. I had a Cylinder and Slide safety put onto my FN years ago by a third party local gunsmith, and it was not done well. While better than the original safety, it is not how I would prefer it.
Top Top