Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/8/2003 1:57:09 PM EDT
One of the guns I like to carry (we're talking legal concealed carry here) is my trusty S&W 908. Right now, this is my only DA/SA pistol and I like it very much; it is stone reliable and will feed anything I give it. Although only a 9mm, it is much smaller than my 1911, so sometimes it gets the nod.

My question concerns the safety lever. Is there a generally recognized wisdom about carrying this type of pistol and the position of the safety lever? The first pull being double-action, isn't it just like carying a revolver? Or, is there a good reason for carrying with the safety "on".?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:28:44 PM EDT
I like the idea of my pistols have a manual safety from the retention standpoint. Its been documented that it can save you hide if you ever loose control of your weapon. You have to decide for yourself if thats worth losing an edge in speed (depending on your ability to manipulate the saftey - I hate slide mounted). Bear in mind, shooting is a LAST option, and you're more likely to have an event end when your weapon is presented with determination.
Top Top