Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:39:14 PM EDT
I have been looking for inside the pants holsters EVERYWHERE and cannot find one that fits me good without printing. I can stick the gun in my pants mexican style and you cant see anything  but with damn near every holster you can see it. Since i cant find one that fits me right could i just carry mexican? Im 5'7 and 140 pounds just for the record. I figure if i carried mexican and tightened my belt it would be alright or wouldnt it? Someone please help. Thanxs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun and gunbelt type?  What's your everyday cover garment?

Answer those and I'll bet I can help.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a Glock G23. I dont wear loose clothing at all so thats my problem. I just tried to fit it up mexican style with my belt tight and with the gun in my pants. I jumped around sat down moved wiggled and damn near everything and it would not move or come out. So i guess maybe this will be the only way. I mean this holster i have is as thin as they can get and its just too bulky added in with a gun in it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it that it's printing, or that the gun and the holster together are just too thick for you?

You mention that you dont wear loose clothing.  What do you mean exactly?

Again, what are you using as a cover garment?

Though I've done it a lot, carrying a glock without a holster should be a no-no.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out some of the ultra-thin kydex holsters from Fist. They're not much thicker than the gun itself.

www.fist-inc.com

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have tried many holsters, and the best ones for me for both comfort and concealment are "the answer" from tucker gunleather and the UCR from threat solutions.  Check out glocktalk in the carry issues forum and just start reading, they discuss holsters there quite a bit.  Good luck, it may take a few purchases to get the right one for your body.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#8]
SPARKS VERSA MAX II
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Kramer IWB horsehide.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Good luck, it may take a few purchases to get the right one for your body.

No kidding...here are a few of the holsters I use JUST for the G19/32/23 series:

I've used most of the holsters mentioned in this thread.  For 1911s, there's probably not a better rig than the versa max, but it was too thick for me with the Glock.  Same with Greg Kramer's stuff.

Thin is in when wearing the G-Lock.  Here's a behind view of Galco's NSA:

...and here's the same view of Comp Tac's best rig (IMHO):

More important than the holster, though, is the belt.  Buy a good double thickness belt, and you can conceal almost anything comfortably.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Milt Sparks VMII and appropriate belt are the only way to go.

Yep.  Watch 6 is a good option, too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
You will find no better IWB than this one IMO.  Do a search on my s/n or the holster and you'll find my write up as to why it is so good.

www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
That's a lot of holsters!  Looks like just as many as I have!  I haven't found a holster thinner than the Fist thin kydex.  That's what I use when wanting to go thin!

Quoted:

Good luck, it may take a few purchases to get the right one for your body.

No kidding...here are a few of the holsters I use JUST for the G19/32/23 series:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/THR-Thumper/Lots422x317.jpg

I've used most of the holsters mentioned in this thread.  For 1911s, there's probably not a better rig than the versa max, but it was too thick for me with the Glock.  Same with Greg Kramer's stuff.

Thin is in when wearing the G-Lock.  Here's a behind view of Galco's NSA:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/THR-Thumper/NSA422x317.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/THR-Thumper/CTAC422x317.jpg

More important than the holster, though, is the belt.  Buy a good double thickness belt, and you can conceal almost anything comfortably.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 11/27/2005 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Threat Solutions Ultimate Concealment Rig

The gun just disappears, even under a fitted shirt. In the past, I have used Milt Sparks, Galco, Bianchi, Kramer, SideArmor and Blade-Tech, but this is the best by far. Not only is it the most concealable, it is also the most stable and most comfortable.

You can see from this pic how the holster is contoured to fit your body, and how little thickness it adds to the weapon.

Forget the other stuff and buy the UCR. I promise that you will not regret it.

www.threatsolutions.com/
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey triburst, is it still difficult to get a hold of a UCR?  I know for a while some people were having a hard time getting them.  And your right, they are excellent holsters.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey triburst, is it still difficult to get a hold of a UCR?  I know for a while some people were having a hard time getting them.  And your right, they are excellent holsters.

To get one from Threat Solutions generally takes 6-8 weeks. If a given product has demand that much greater than the supply, it is usually a pretty good indicator of the product's quality.

I ordered mine from Custom GLOCK Racing who kept them in stock. I don't know if they still have them or not. DeSantis has a new holster out that is suspiciously UCR-like. It may even be a liscensed copy of that Dave Vaughn allows them to make.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=22964
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Which Comp Tac is that?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Milt Sparks VMII and appropriate belt are the only way to go.

Yep.  Watch 6 is a good option, too.

+1 .. and don't forget the MS belt!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which Comp Tac is that?

Thanks.

It's the C-TAC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top