Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:24:31 PM EDT
I handled one of these pistols for the first time to at a local shop and now I really want one. It felt way better in my hands than say a Tec-9 or MAC pistol.
My only complaint was that the cocking handle thing seemed a bit filmsy, other than that I really want it.

Do any of you guys have one or have any experience with them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:06:53 AM EDT
No one

Pretty please
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:36:21 AM EDT
It was Steyr's attempt to redesign the Glock 17 to remedy design flaws such as excellent ergonomics, compact size, and good sights.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:48:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ken_mays:
It was Steyr's attempt to redesign the Glock 17 to remedy design flaws such as excellent ergonomics, compact size, and good sights.

You are thinking of the Steyr M9....the Steyr SPP is something different. The SPP looks more like a Mini UZI.

It was Steyr's semi auto version of the TMP machine pistol. One of the guns used in HEAT.
The SPP was sold in the U.S. for a very short time because it was imported in 1993....and thanks to the 94 Crime Bill SPP and many other fun guns could not be imported or sold.

When the SPP first came out they had a very reasonable price....and for a while CDNN was selling them for VERY cheap. But now they are a rare pistol, and will cost $850 to $1,500. The 15 and 30 round mags will be a little hard to find however, now that the AWB is done SPP mags and Steyr AUG mags prices are back to normal.

The SPP is on my list to buy. But for right now the Glock 19 and 33 round mags is fine for now.

If you found one, and it is at a good deal BUY IT becaue it is a rare find.

Here is some more info on the SPP.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/spp/spp.htm

Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:31:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UZI4you:

You are thinking of the Steyr M9....the Steyr SPP is something different. The SPP looks more like a Mini UZI.

No, I was referring to the SPP. As a semi-auto it is nothing more than a big Glock 17 with worse sights. There was no easy way to mount optics either.

I owned an SPP for a while, but it was absolutely pointless to have a micro-SMG when it wasn't full auto.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:15:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UZI4you:

No, I was referring to the SPP. As a semi-auto it is nothing more than a big Glock 17 with worse sights. There was no easy way to mount optics either.

I owned an SPP for a while, but it was absolutely pointless to have a micro-SMG when it wasn't full auto.

Ahhh... I see where you going. Sorry Ken, I thought you were talking about the M9 for a second.
You are right the SPP does seem big, and pointless when a Glock 17 or 19 can hold the same amount of ammo....in a much smaller size.

I would still like to add a SPP to the collection someday.

Chris

Top Top