Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 6:28:19 PM EDT
A friend passed away and left me several firearms and this Glock 19 sized Smith was one of them.  I have looked for info and personal reviews of the weapon online and there just isn't alot out there.

It is in about 90 to 95% condition and although it has a LONG trigger pull first shot and a a long take up on the second shot, it seems to work reliably.

Just wondering what I have here

Thanks,

patsue
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What you have is a 2nd Generation S&W auto.  It's 3rd Generation counterpart would be the 6906.  When a large department swapped over from S&W to Sigs, the local shop, who is also a Sig LE distributor, had a mix of 6906's and 469's up for sale.

Although I've never owned a 2nd Generation 9mm, I have never heard anything bad about them.  If the price was right, I'd definately buy one!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 6906 and a 5906! The 69 shoots tighter groups than its big brother!
Great 9mm! Also has alot of good features that can keep you alive if Someone trys to take it  away!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a 6946 for daily carry purposes and could not be happier.  The 469 would be a good gun to own.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Retired LEO.  Was given one as a gift when they first came out.   Carried day in & out for years & its had many, many thousands of rounds thru it.  Never a malfunction.  Just got it back from Smith two months ago as it was SORELY in need of a refinish.   Looks better than it did new!

Agree with the accuracy comment.  I also own an old M/39 & the 469'l shoot rings around it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top