Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 12:08:46 PM EDT

Just took my utterly unreliable Kimber Ultra carry II in and got a new Glock 19 and some cash. I should have got this in the first place. Can't wait to go shoot it some more.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:20:02 PM EDT
Good choice and congrats on a fine pistol. I like the G19 so much I got 2 !
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:57:47 PM EDT
Excellent choice my friend!

I predict you will enjoy your new G19.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
I should have bought it last month when I bought that Kimber. Shop took the Kimber back and gave me full credit on it. So today I brought home a new glock AND 250$. It was a good day...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 6:11:12 PM EDT by dullh]
You just made a VERY smart move! I have two G19s and I love them! I dumped my two 1911s, the last one last year. The thing that sucks is they're ridicously expensive to start with, for the price of one you can get two G19s, then you have to "tweak" them to get them exactly how you want them and sometimes you have to do that to get them to be 100% reliable! I don't care what the hard-core 1911 wackers say...most 1911s are NOT 100% reliable unless you dump big cheddar into them - and those micro-compact 1911s are cute but should never be relied upon for serious business (mine blew it's recoil spring assembly all over the range floor during an IDPA shoot). Besides, the 1911 never fit my hand all that well...

Congrats on your new G19 and I guarantee you it will hold to well over 100,000 rounds - there are many documented cases of Glock 9mm pistols going that distance. I know most of us will never do that kinda volume through one, but how many 1911s have you heard of going that distance? I've never heard of a single one!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:11:38 PM EDT
I'm lusting after one of those. Not fair, not fair Congrats on a great purchase.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:12:42 PM EDT
I've been a 19 fan since I got into guns in general. Grandfather and father tried their best to talk me out of one because its "lack of safety". I borrowed a friends glock and let them shoot it. They loved it. They both still swear by their mini-1911's. But I had to get out of that.

If I can't go to the range and shoot a rifle/pistol all day with no malfunctions I definetly don't trust it to save my life.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:55:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
I've been a 19 fan since I got into guns in general. Grandfather and father tried their best to talk me out of one because its "lack of safety". I borrowed a friends glock and let them shoot it. They loved it. They both still swear by their mini-1911's. But I had to get out of that.

If I can't go to the range and shoot a rifle/pistol all day with no malfunctions I definetly don't trust it to save my life.

One of my big sticking points was the lack of a safety lever also, but then I got to seriously thinking about it; show me a .357 with a safety......the same rule you use with revolvers also applies to a Glock---keep your finger off the trigger until you're about to fire. I think You're gonna like the 19. And ya got $250 too, huh? I see at least 2 spare mags, and a bunch of ammo in your immediate future, but you really should use some of that to get it a GOOD holster.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:12:29 PM EDT
I got $250 bucks back on the deal because the shop gave me full credit on the Kimber I recently bought there. It wasn't reliable at all. They gave me my money back so I took the glock 19 + boot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:41 PM EDT
I'm jealous.....I hope to get my G19 in the next month or so. The wife is begging me to hold out until my birthday, which is Sept. 21!! I can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:31:52 PM EDT
Damn women. Never let you do what you want. I got out of a long relationship awhile back. Now that I'm single I'm back to my old ways of buying anything and everything I want (well as much as I can afford anyways).

Being single has its perks
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:49:24 PM EDT
My first Glock was a 19 and I have since added a 26 to the collection, but I can't seem to get over the 19. It is my go to pistol for CCW, and I am seriously considering a second.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:03:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:

Being single has its perks

So does being married

Not to get all sappy or anything, but I would give up all of my guns if I had to for her. Thank goodness that's not how it is though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:28 PM EDT
I joined the 19 club last week.

$350

Used 2nd gen in awesome shape with Hogue handall and two 15 round magazines

I already bought two 33 rounders for $28 a piece, and I have 500 rounds of 9mm NATO on the way

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:31:13 AM EDT
serious question:

What makes the G19 better than the G17?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:45:34 AM EDT by EternalVigilance]
some find it much easier and more comfortable to conceal. Also, some people like it because for most the webbing of the hand seems to ride higher on the backstrap of the pistol, which is very good for recoil control and the natural point. I couldn't shoot my glock 22 that great. With my glock 19 I can point at something one handed without even looking at the pistol or the sights, and then without moving the pistol check the sights and they are almost always nearly dead-on. No pistol I have ever owned pointed so well and naturally for me. I am also much faster and more accurate with it then I was with my glock 22, although a lot of that has to do with caliber. Still, it helps a lot to have the axis of the bore down closer to your grip.

I love my glock 19. I love it so much that I sold all of my pistols for a 6920, except the 19 of course. I haven't decided yet whether my next pistol will be a second glock 19 or a glock 26.

Glock 19:
the best pistol ever produced

eta:

you can't beat a pistol that is not only easy to conceal, but can also fill the role of a full size service pistol. Not to mention the 15 + 1 capacity for such a comfortable CCW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:05:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 7:08:35 AM EDT by metroplex]
I don't get it. The axis of the bore looks the same as on the Glock 17. According to Glock, the barrel heights are the same. The Glock 19 has a shorter frame, shorter sight radius, shorter barrel, etc...

I'm just wondering why some people can shoot 9mm Glocks and it looks like there's no recoil whatsoever. When i went to shoot my Glock 17, even with all the force possible, the gun was trying to jump out of my hands each time I shot it. I thought perhaps there's reason behind people wanting the Glock 19 over the Glock 17?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:41:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
I don't get it. The axis of the bore looks the same as on the Glock 17. According to Glock, the barrel heights are the same. The Glock 19 has a shorter frame, shorter sight radius, shorter barrel, etc...

I'm just wondering why some people can shoot 9mm Glocks and it looks like there's no recoil whatsoever. When i went to shoot my Glock 17, even with all the force possible, the gun was trying to jump out of my hands each time I shot it. I thought perhaps there's reason behind people wanting the Glock 19 over the Glock 17?

This info may offer some help
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:32:03 PM EDT
I traded a SA "Loaded Model" 1911A1 with light weight frame for a G21C and haven't looked back! My two primary pistols are a G19 and now the G21c!

Congrats and welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:36:30 PM EDT
I don't have my G19 yet, but I shot a rental at a local range to try it out and after that first magazine I was in love. It fits my hand perfectly and I shot it quite well considering I havn't had the oppurtunity to shoot handguns that much. I've been more of a rifle guy.

Ahhh......less than a month and hopefully I'll be tearin' it up at the range...this time with MY G19!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:40:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EternalVigilance:
I haven't decided yet whether my next pistol will be a second glock 19 or a glock 26.

Sorry for the back-to-back post.........I just wanted to mention that I handled a G26 for the first time today at a local gun store and it just felt so small to me. I havn't shot one so I can't speak on that point. Have you shot one? And if so was it a little awkward or were you still able to shoot well with it?

Just curious because the small size is appealing for concealed carry, but I just don't know if I'd shoot it as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
I shot another 100 rounds today. No malfunctions. I love this gun. It is very accurate. Pop cans had no chance at 30 yards.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:43:03 PM EDT
Welcome to the club...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
I just picked up a new G19 on Saturday... haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully this weekend. Took a long time to convince my wife to let me get one... but we made a deal. My new G19, 1000 rounds of ammo, and LFI-1 course this fall constitutes birthday, anniversary, Christmas etc for the next couple years. But hey, I got a new gun, ammo, AND a training course out of it!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:19:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NewGunNut:
I just picked up a new G19 on Saturday... haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, hopefully this weekend. Took a long time to convince my wife to let me get one... but we made a deal. My new G19, 1000 rounds of ammo, and LFI-1 course this fall constitutes birthday, anniversary, Christmas etc for the next couple years. But hey, I got a new gun, ammo, AND a training course out of it!

LOL...Sounds like the kinds of deals I'm trying to make with my wife.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:
I joined the 19 club last week.

img158.imageshack.us/img158/9800/glock199aq.jpg

$350

Used 2nd gen in awesome shape with Hogue handall and two 15 round magazines

I already bought two 33 rounders for $28 a piece, and I have 500 rounds of 9mm NATO on the way

I have hands on the big size and love the Hogue slip-on grip. I recently got into Glocks and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:31:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 7:32:13 PM EDT by SickMAK90]
I just picked up another 100 pack of winchester white box 9mm and 6 boxes of q3131a. All I can afford right now. I need to get a real job. Trying out for the WV state police soon I hope. I checked up on that and my hearing is good enough to pass for that...but I failed getting in the Army because of my hearing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:41:08 PM EDT
I carry a G19 concealed all day/every day. Best carry gun ever made.

I still love full sized 1911s, though. Don't let your experience with that ultra small Kimber turn you off forever.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:47:11 PM EDT
It hasn't turned me off from 1911's. Just small ones. I still plan to get a full size 1911 whenever I want a target gun. But for now I am much happier with my Glock. It fits my needs much better at this time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:55:23 PM EDT
Grip is the most important aspect of fast controlled fire, second is learning trigger reset. I ride so high on my G19 that i have ended up with 2 parallel scars on the webbing of my hand. It doesn't rub much, but in one session i'll go through 350 rounds or so so it wears. During tactical pistol courses i generally get some blood. This only really happens because i'm drawing from a holster and get slightly too high a grip every so often and refuse to adjust my grip until the scenario has ended.

I don't mind. It matches the scars on my knuckles from combatives training and having blood on your slide looks cool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:50:41 AM EDT
Marc, you're totally badass and I respect that. But I'm not HSLD enough to require tempering my hands! I'll try out the inner tube and see how it feels. It was only $3 for the entire inner tube. I can always use it for my rifles if needed.
Top Top