Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 11/4/2015 7:08:25 PM EDT
So I currently have an SP01 that I absolutely love to shoot. It's very pleasant and just feels right. I'm considering getting a P09 w/ the threaded barrel and selling my Glock 19 with some additional parts as 1) I don't feel it's as good a host as my Sig 226 9mm and 2) I feel I can't grip it too well. My SP01 I grip very well, and I can make very quick follow up shots.

So to anyone who has shot both a Glock 19 w/ a suppressor and a CZ P09, please give me a solid comparison. I was considering getting a threaded barrel for my SP01, but since the barrel and fitting it would be around $375, I figure another $125 could get me a whole new gun.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2015 11:15:58 AM EDT by aperdue]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:24:32 AM EDT
Cajun gun works has SP01 threaded barrels as well that are cheaper then what you posted in the OP
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:19:41 AM EDT
FWIW I just purchased a threaded CZ barrel for my CZ75 P01.  I was able to very easily fit it myself.  

The P01 makes a much better host than my Sig P228.  It is queiter to my ear and has MUCH less blowback.  I am sure the SP01 would be pleasant to shoot suppressed, the only thing I would caution you about is weight.  SP01s are already very heavy guns, a silencer on the end of one would only make that worse.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:00:15 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freeride1:
FWIW I just purchased a threaded CZ barrel for my CZ75 P01.  I was able to very easily fit it myself.  

The P01 makes a much better host than my Sig P228.  It is queiter to my ear and has MUCH less blowback.  I am sure the SP01 would be pleasant to shoot suppressed, the only thing I would caution you about is weight.  SP01s are already very heavy guns, a silencer on the end of one would only make that worse.
View Quote

Where did you find one? I haven't been able to find any.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:49:59 PM EDT
I had a suppressed 75B for quite a while - ADCO semi-permanent extension. Sold it fairly recently.

FWIW, I have yet to find a better host than a Beretta 92.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:33:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ragingyeti:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/043004940102_Threaded-Barrel-Compact-9mm-12x28

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/043004940102_Threaded-Barrel-Compact-9mm-12x28  
View All Quotes

have you been able to test it out yet? I have been thinking about doing this myself. What Can are you using?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:50:57 PM EDT
Yeaaa, I thought about buying a threaded barrel for my SP01, but then realized I'd be holding 4lbs for a handgun setup. So I bought a PO9 SR the other day and am awaiting shipment now. Or at least that's the excuse I told myself when clicking the "Add to cart" button.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:03:00 PM EDT
There was talk of a threaded barrel with suppressor sights model being released at SHOT 2016.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:09:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By m6z:
There was talk of a threaded barrel with suppressor sights model being released at SHOT 2016.
View Quote

I heard this as well. Was trying to hold off and get one of those. And an osprey
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:37:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By m6z:
View Quote

For the PO9? There already is a threaded model. I also don't care for suppressor height sights much as I shoot through the can.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:55:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:58:40 PM EDT

Ahhh, for the PO1. Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:23:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cossey:

View All Quotes

Look at the picture, the article is screwed up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:46:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By maleante:

View All Quotes

So it's a PO7, oh. Luckily I wasn't looking for a compact gun this time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:31:22 PM EDT
Found a long barrel from CZ for my 75B - $123.45 shipped last December.  Fitted it so it went into battery.  Have to throat chamber a bit.

Then off to get chopped and threaded.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:17:05 AM EDT
Just got my P09 yesterday... And I'm already in love with it. Excellent ergonomics for the most part. Only thing I may change is get an extended mag release. Has a very natural point of aim just like my SP01 does.

Now I just need to get new sights for it..
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2015 5:17:02 PM EDT by freeride1]

View All Quotes

Here is the P01 I referenced above.  I have installed LPA sights, a CZ threaded barrel, and a 22LB Wolff recoil spring.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:35:57 PM EDT
Here is the P01 I referenced above.  I have installed LPA sights, a CZ threaded barrel, and a 22LB Wolff recoil spring.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/freeride12/IMG_7439.jpg

View All Quotes

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/freeride12/IMG_7439.jpg

Hows that set up run?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:39:18 PM EDT
Like a top.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:22:47 PM EDT
Like a top.
View Quote

Nice, might have to put one of those together.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:44:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By criley:
Found a long barrel from CZ for my 75B - $123.45 shipped last December.  Fitted it so it went into battery.  Have to throat chamber a bit.

View Quote

Keep in mind that a 75B doesn't really have enough wall thickness on the barrel to properly index on the shoulder. You'll need a can that can index on the face of the muzzle, and have the threads cut to the appropriate depth to allow for that. The other option is a semi-permanent extension with additional shoulder - it can't be permanent, as then you wouldn't be able to remove the barrel, but it needs to be loctited or otherwise securely locked down during use.

The P-01/SP-01 has a thicker barrel that eliminates this issue; they can use an extended barrel or a permanent extension that is the same OD as the barrel itself (i.e., a two-piece extended-and-threaded barrel).
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:23:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2015 2:26:04 PM EDT by criley]
Originally Posted By Walkure:

Keep in mind that a 75B doesn't really have enough wall thickness on the barrel to properly index on the shoulder. You'll need a can that can index on the face of the muzzle, and have the threads cut to the appropriate depth to allow for that. The other option is a semi-permanent extension with additional shoulder - it can't be permanent, as then you wouldn't be able to remove the barrel, but it needs to be loctited or otherwise securely locked down during use.

The P-01/SP-01 has a thicker barrel that eliminates this issue; they can use an extended barrel or a permanent extension that is the same OD as the barrel itself (i.e., a two-piece extended-and-threaded barrel).
View All Quotes

Thanks for that info.  Need to find out how it will work with my Octane 45HD. Hope it can index on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2015 10:29:26 PM EDT by sanausnol]
Did anyone see the Kentucky Gun Co black friday ad?  They have an exclusive CZ model and it looks like they will get my money.  It is a threaded barrel SP-01 tactical with suppressor height night sights for $747.  Check it out here:  Black Friday Ad

ETA:

Direct link to it on their website:  http://www.kygunco.com/cz-75-sp-01-tactical-tb-112734
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2015 3:28:31 AM EDT by JonnieHammaStix]
Originally Posted By sanausnol:
Did anyone see the Kentucky Gun Co black friday ad?  They have an exclusive CZ model and it looks like they will get my money.  It is a threaded barrel SP-01 tactical with suppressor height night sights for $747.  Check it out here:  Black Friday Ad

ETA:

Direct link to it on their website:  http://www.kygunco.com/cz-75-sp-01-tactical-tb-112734
View Quote

Came here to post this!

and also found this nugget:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/cz-75-9mm-threaded-barrel-12x28-15725-plus-shipping-after-save15-coupon

edit: . the SP01 barrels aren't available yet .

(coupon code works for everything so maybe some mags etc etc might be needed!)
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:54:49 AM EDT

ETA:

View Quote

Looks like there will be a production version in Urban Grey:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/jeremy-s/scorpion-evo-carbine-other-new-czs-for-2016/
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:44:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CDDD:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/11/jeremy-s/scorpion-evo-carbine-other-new-czs-for-2016/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDDD:

ETA:

Good find!  Looks like they have a lot of great stuff coming soon.  I am also excited for the new Dan Wesson 715 pistol packs!
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:12:26 PM EDT

View All Quotes

After your post I saw a factory threaded CZ 75 barrel on sale and picked one up.  The Octane allows for indexing on the muzzle. I fit the barrel to the slide and throated it -  I should be good to go.

Now I have an extra barrel that is fitted and throated, and can send the factory barrel in with it to have the extra one cut and threaded to match.
Top Top