Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 6:49:49 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with CZ's new subcompact CZ 2075 RAMI?  Opinions, prices, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in 9mm.  I don't recall how much I paid for it, but it was close to $400, I think.
I have not had a chance to really practice with it that much.  It is a DA/SA, but there is no decocker.  You have to manually lower the hammer.  You can safely lower it to a halfcock, but I have never tried to fully lower the hammer with a live round in the chamber.  You can engage the safety if it is fully cocked.  If you do get one, remember that the manual doesn't mention having to put it at halfcock and having to push the slide back 'til it touches the hammer to remove the slidestop to remove the slide.  It has a three dot sight system that has glow in the dark paint.  It fits my hand well although my pinky rests on the baseplate.  It's too soon to tell how reliable it is, but it worked flawlessly the one time I tried it out.  I probably put under 100 rounds through it, though.

I like mine.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen it in person but the pics of it look sweet.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here.... looks kinda like the 40B that CZ put out a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Good post.  I have seen it in a few adds and I was just looking at this in the local shop the other day.  I was interested and seeing/handling it in person didn't change that- though it did have some pretty tight quarters.  I'm gonna have to go palm it a few more times.

One downside though:  My girlfriend said, "It's cute!"  Talk about being flat-out rude!!  Everyone in the place let out a gasp and people were heading for the doors...

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if the girls think it's "cute", I may need to get one for my wife.  She insists on calling all my firearms "war weapons".
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think anyone on the receiving end of it would think it was 'cute.'

I forgot to mention that the 9mm version's magazines hold 10 rounds and there are higher capacity versions available that could be imported if this dopey law expires...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
This is my Rami 40 S&W. I gave about $490 for it and that is a little high but I received a three month range membership with the purchase. If I had it to do again I would opt for the 9mm as recoil with the 40 is stiff. The picture shows my Rami with Hagan Pek's grips and a Ken L. Null's UNS holster. This setup is great for carry and shooting. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice carry rig.  The grips contrast really well.

Don't sweat the recoil.  After enough range time, dry-fire practice, and snap-cap drills you won't even notice it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top