Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 3:44:38 PM EDT
My local gun store has a used CZ 75B for $375.  Is this a good deal or not?  I handled it and liked it, but I did have one question.  What's the point of a gun being double action if it doesn't decock?  Is that just so you can have multiple tries at a faulty round?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that new or used?  

New and thats a really good price.  Used is an okay price.  I've snagged used CZ's for around $300ish and wouldn't pay too much more than that unless the ya had a better idea of how "used" it was.

I'll leave the double action question to those more learned than I.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What's the point of a gun being double action if it doesn't decock?  Is that just so you can have multiple tries at a faulty round?

I think you can manually decock it by carefully lowering the hammer with your thumb a la 1911-style.  I bought a NIB CZ75B on special from B&B Guns, N. Hollywood, Calif for $300 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the point of a gun being double action if it doesn't decock?  Is that just so you can have multiple tries at a faulty round?

I think you can manually decock it by carefully lowering the hammer with your thumb a la 1911-style.  I bought a NIB CZ75B on special from B&B Guns, N. Hollywood, Calif for $300 10 years ago.

however you only lower the hammer to the half-cock position.  around here they go for $450-$550 new depending on finish and model.  if it is satin nickel that might be the reason for the higher price.  also if it has the hard plastic hp style grips you may well find them uncomfortable.  the soft rubber are infinitely better.  but would try to talk the price down a bit but i would likely buy it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My local gun store has a used CZ 75B for $375.  Is this a good deal or not?  I handled it and liked it, but I did have one question.  What's the point of a gun being double action if it doesn't decock?  Is that just so you can have multiple tries at a faulty round?

1.  Condition 1.  You can carry it cocked and locked, so you don't have that uber heavy double action first shot.  Single action is typically more accurate.

2.  Second strike.  If you click and it no go boom, you click again.  

If you want a decocker, get the 75BD.  

And $375 doesn't sound too bad.  I got my 75B about 2 years ago for about $385 new, and prices have gone up just a little bit since then.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got one about 6 months ago for $340 shipped.  I also picked up a compact along with it for a grand total of $680 + 40 for the transfer.  About 4 years ago I got my first for about the same price.  A couple years ago I got my used 75B in almost perfect condition for $300.  In conclusion, I think you could pretty easily find a better deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top