Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/3/2008 6:06:09 AM EDT
(Cross-post from the C&R forum)

The very nice CZ-82 that I received from AIM was stolen a few weeks back in a burglary, so I ordered up a new one when the insurance money came in. S.O.G. had them in stock, described as "very good" condition, so that's where I ordered from. Received the pistol promptly, and it is in pretty good condition, but I noticed right off the bat that the mags are different than the ones that came with the last one. They have polymer followers, and I'm about 95% sure the ones that came with the other CZ were steel.

Now, I wouldn't care, but I can't get this thing to feed very well. It won't chamber a round if I hand-cycle the slide (as opposed to using the slide release), and when I try to eject a round, the rim of the round being ejected catches on the shoulder of the top round in the mag. Can't eject it until you drop the mag. The mags do have what appears to be the crossed cannons stamp on them, but no other markings.

Can someone confirm that the CZ mags normally have steel followers, and has anyone had issues like this with polymer-follower mags?
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 8:38:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2008 8:39:18 AM EDT by Combat_Diver]
Can't comment as far as the realibility of your mags are but "Cross Swords" is the military acceptance mark for the Czech militarty. The Czech proof would be a T inside a circle.

CD

ETA: My CZ83 mags do have a steel folllower. Do have a new one 82/83 that I will recomfirm on later.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:46:31 AM EDT
I have an 82, it has polymer followers
Top Top