Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 12:16:58 AM EDT
Just found out about the CZ 82 today. After hearing about the guy's description of it as an AK47 of the handgun world with the 9mm Makarov's penetrating ability, I'm actually really fascinated now. Really can't seem to find any on Gunbroker (Which is my usual Go To for guns), but what's a fair price on one in great condition?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from Wideners.  had a few scratches, but otherwise near pristine condition bore. came with a very nice leather holster, two mags, cleaning rod and a lanyard:

</a>" />
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
They are wonderful guns, fantastic ergos and accuracy.  They are heavy for their size.  I own 4 of them, I purchased mine from cdnn and aim when they were plentiful.  I don't think you can go wrong owning one.  Mags only hold 12.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
CDIsales on gunbroker has cz83s (same pistol but in .380)
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know that I would describe it as "the AK47 of the handgun world", but for it's age, it's a decent handgun. Fairly refined, for a Com-Bloc weapon. Underpowered, and overweight. Mags are expensive, in the $40.00 range. No good source of aftermarket Mags, or parts. I like the polygonal rifling. I like the cocked and locked option. I like the grip size, and grip angle. The trigger is awesome. It's reliable, and accurate. The finish is garbage. A good number of the used, surplussed examples had issues with worn, or broken parts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know that I would describe it as "the AK47 of the handgun world", but for it's age, it's a decent handgun. Fairly refined, for a Com-Bloc weapon. Underpowered, and overweight. Mags are expensive, in the $40.00 range. No good source of aftermarket Mags, or parts. I like the polygonal rifling. I like the cocked and locked option. I like the grip size, and grip angle. The trigger is awesome. It's reliable, and accurate. The finish is garbage. A good number of the used, surplussed examples had issues with worn, or broken parts.
View Quote

Yup

It is one of the best pistol buys I made IMO, and I would REALLY like to get another one, but I only bought it as a range toy. There are better options for pretty much any category out there.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Would a good condition CZ82 plus 250 rounds or so of ammo be a good deal for $370?

I've never even held or fired one before. Just heard a lot of praise from an instructor I respect who even uses it for concealed carry on occasion.
Was thinking about picking up a CZ eventually... and always thought it'd be a CZ75 of some sort. Seems like people really love the CZ82 as well?
Never fired a 9mm Mak before, but apparently it's got excellent penetration characteristics.

Do you guys think they're done importing CZ82? Kinda weird that a bunch of places would import them... and then no more for a popular firearm.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would a good condition CZ82 plus 250 rounds or so of ammo be a good deal for $370?

View Quote

I haven't priced them in a long time, but I own one. I'd need a couple of things before I'd take that deal. First, I'd have to really want one, and second, I'd want an extra Mag or two. Yeah, I know Mags are going for nearly 40 bucks a piece, but that's what I'd want, along with the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Genuine surplus mags are getting tough to find, but are out there for under $40 if you look. I just bought 4 off of gunbroker for $100 shipped and another 6 on another forum for $130. You want to look for the crossed swords stamp on the body of the mag.

Ones with weld seams on both the front and back with "CZ Mfg" on the floorplate are knockoffs and garbage.

Aside from the surplus, the only other option for factory mags are CZ 83 mags (which are the same as 82 mags) direct from CZ-USA, where you will be paying $40 apiece for.

I'll now have 11 mags for my recently acquired CZ 82 and I think i'm all set for mags for it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I was having a hard time sourcing one as well. Found one locally funny enough for $200. He had refinished it though.

Only came with 1 mag too.  Still a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, look for the crossed swords

I have one mag with a thin baseplate and one with a thicker one

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda wished I'd picked one up a few years ago when they were plentiful and relatively cheap.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Those mags with the X or crossed swords are CZ 82 mags? I bought 6 for my wife's CZ 83 that were converted to 10 rd capacity a couple of years ago, they're all marked that way. I know it doesn't make any difference-they're the same mag used in both pistols. Happy to report that they all function just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top