Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 3:33:56 PM EDT
I can't find any CZ-52's or Makarov pistols anywhere, and I was planning on getting either of those as my first handgun. I do, however, have a source for a CZ-82.

Tell me about the 82. Are they accurate, reliable? Any weird quirks to them?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
SOG

http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplushandguns.html
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what prompted my questions, yes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It is a blowback, and therefore has great accuracy potential.

As for reliability, the CZ82/CZ83 are steel framed and tough as tanks.  You'll have to find ammo that the gun likes to eat.  I've heard of some CZ83's (the CZ82 in .380) that get a bit picky about the ammo they prefer.  Once you find the ammo it likes, it should be reliable as the day is long.

There aren't any weird quirks to my CZ83.  The grip is a bit wide compared to the makarov, but that makes it comfortable to shoot.  You can carry it as either single action or double action.  The SA triggers tend to be superb on these guns.  The ergonomics of the safety and mag reliese are ambidextrous and superb.

Overall, probably the best 9x18 pistol in the world.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It is a blowback, and therefore has great accuracy potential.

As for reliability, the CZ82/CZ83 are steel framed and tough as tanks.  You'll have to find ammo that the gun likes to eat.  I've heard of some CZ83's (the CZ82 in .380) that get a bit picky about the ammo they prefer.  Once you find the ammo it likes, it should be reliable as the day is long.

There aren't any weird quirks to my CZ83.  The grip is a bit wide compared to the makarov, but that makes it comfortable to shoot.  You can carry it as either single action or double action.  The SA triggers tend to be superb on these guns.  The ergonomics of the safety and mag reliese are ambidextrous and superb.

Overall, probably the best 9x18 pistol in the world.

Really? I guess I'll be getting a CZ-82 then since I can't find a CZ-52 or Makarov available online.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an 83 in 9x18, which is an 82 just marked differently.  I also think it's the best 9x18 made.  Yeah, I'd like a Stechkin, but that's not reality.  Since that's out of the question, the CZ82/83(9x18) is as high quality as they get.  

Ambi controls, comfortable to shoot, polygonal rifling, typical CZ quality, accuracy and reliability, 12 round mags...there's alot to like, and not much to hate.

It would make an excellent first handgun.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think you've been looking hard enough....
CZ-52 7.62X25 & PA-63 9x18

I want to get the PA-63 as soon as I turn 21, which is in a few months, hopefully there will be some left. How does the 7.62x25mm compair to other pistol rounds?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#7]
well, 7.62x25 is a hot round as most bottlenecked pistol rounds are, although there are two kinds of it out there.  the standard new 7.62 that you'll find everywhere is rated for the regular pistols and is at regular pressures, however during WWII the soviets loaded some 7.62 for use in their SMGs that was HOT and the CZ-52s were designed (roller locking system) to fire the hot stuff and the regualr stuff (regular stuff was designed for soviet TT-33 pistol) the hot stuff will supposedly go through up to a level IIA or II soft vest, with just standard FMJ bullets.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
well, 7.62x25 is a hot round as most bottlenecked pistol rounds are, although there are two kinds of it out there.  the standard new 7.62 that you'll find everywhere is rated for the regular pistols and is at regular pressures, however during WWII the soviets loaded some 7.62 for use in their SMGs that was HOT and the CZ-52s were designed (roller locking system) to fire the hot stuff and the regualr stuff (regular stuff was designed for soviet TT-33 pistol) the hot stuff will supposedly go through up to a level IIA or II soft vest, with just standard FMJ bullets.

Yeah. I've done my research.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top