Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:55:25 PM EDT
Hey folks, I've been eyeing a compact CZ for quite some time now.  Initially I was enthralled by the P01, but lately I've been drawn to the PCR.

I'm curious as to how they're different/the same.  I know they both have decockers, the P01 has an accessory rail, and the PCR has snag free sights.  Do they use the same magazines?  Are the ergonomics virtually the same or is the P01's frame altered beyond just the accessory rail?

Unrelated question: Are there any laser guide rods available for CZs?  I've always thought they were interesting, and I'd love to put one in whichever CZ I go for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a P-01 last weekend...I compared the PCR to the P-01 and I went with the P-01 because of the light rail.  They both use the same mags...as far as I can tell the only true difference is the light rail.  If you check on CZ-USA's website the description of the PCR and P-01 are very similar.  The PCR has been discontinued, so you might be able to find it at a discount.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Same mags. I would ask CZ USA if the frames were made different. I still think the PCR would be a great pistol. I love my P01.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
i believe the p-01 frames are made out of a lighter alloy than the pcr.  i have a pcr and it is a superb pistol.  

all cz75 pistols use the same mags.  let me clarify that--all compacts use the same 14 round mags and can use the full size 16 rounders while the full size pistols all use the 16 round mags and the 14 won't fit because it is too short.  basically it is like how a glock 19 will take the 17rd mags.  

if you mean to conceal this pistol i would suggest not getting the p-01 as holster choices will be even more limited due to the rail.  

and no the lasermax guide rods are not available for the cz.  and hogue doesn't make grips for the pcr/p-01.  i suppose you could trim down the grips for a full size cz75 but that sounds like a pain.  and crimson trace doesn't make any grips for cz yet.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i believe the p-01 frames are made out of a lighter alloy than the pcr.  i have a pcr and it is a superb pistol.  

all cz75 pistols use the same mags.  let me clarify that--all compacts use the same 14 round mags and can use the full size 16 rounders while the full size pistols all use the 16 round mags and the 14 won't fit because it is too short.  basically it is like how a glock 19 will take the 17rd mags.  

if you mean to conceal this pistol i would suggest not getting the p-01 as holster choices will be even more limited due to the rail.  

and no the lasermax guide rods are not available for the cz.  and hogue doesn't make grips for the pcr/p-01.  i suppose you could trim down the grips for a full size cz75 but that sounds like a pain.  and crimson trace doesn't make any grips for cz yet.  

This used to be the case, but not anymore. Many of the major holster manufacturers offer holsters to fit the P-01, including Galco.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't get the P-01, how do you plan to mount the bayonet?

Bayonet

--
Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
my mistake on the holster issue.  

and if you are putting a bayonet on your pistol you have issues.  and yeah i saw pics of it somewhere else too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info guys.  I'm still torn, in many ways I'm tempted to get a PCR because it's out of production and I prefer the look of the frame/sights, but the P01 can mount accessories (such as bayonets hug.gif). I guess it will just come down to handling them in person.

Since holsters have been mentioned, I guess I should ask this: Are there any shoulder rigs out there for the P01 or PCR?  That's how I would like to carry.  Particularly with the P01, I'd like a shoulder holster that could accomodate the gun with a taclight/laser.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
P-01 frame is forged. PCR frame is cast.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info guys.  I'm still torn, in many ways I'm tempted to get a PCR because it's out of production and I prefer the look of the frame/sights, but the P01 can mount accessories (such as bayonets hug.gif). I guess it will just come down to handling them in person.

Since holsters have been mentioned, I guess I should ask this: Are there any shoulder rigs out there for the P01 or PCR?  That's how I would like to carry.  Particularly with the P01, I'd like a shoulder holster that could accomodate the gun with a taclight/laser.

Check out www.czforum.com and www.czshooter.com - A number of holster makers frequent those boards, and at czshooters there is a section devoted to holster makers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#10]
And here's the magazines that I've found to work in the P-01/PCR:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/dirksterg30/CZs/variousP-01PCRmags.jpg
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Dirkster,

How much did the 40P baseplates set you back?

I have a couple 16rd'ers I'm using with my P01, but have just been letting em hang low, since they're just range-mags anyway.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Dirkster,

How much did the 40P baseplates set you back?

I have a couple 16rd'ers I'm using with my P01, but have just been letting em hang low, since they're just range-mags anyway.  

If memory serves, they were $8 each, and I ordered them from CZ-USA. I ordered them over the phone, as I don't think they are on the website.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Two years ago i was i a local gun shop and the dealer advised me that CZ discontinued the popular 75D PCR for import to the USA. I was really dispointed,...The next week i walk into the same gun shop and here sits a PCR in the gun case and the dealer states that CZ decided to continue to extend production of the PCR due to demand here in USA.  That was good news..!!!  

The PCR is my favorite compact 9mm and i love that little load pin indicator on the top strap of the slide and the novak style rear sights. I think both 75D and P01 pistols are top shelf materials like all CZ products and that new SP01 is really a hot item.

I hope CZ continues to import the 75D as its a little masterpiece.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like CZ pistols. I have both a 75 D(PCR) and a P-01. I like both. In fact I liked them so much I also got a 75 SA.  You won't go wrong with either one. I am still trying to get my trigger to smooth out on my P-01 though. Kind of gritty. I have not carried it concealed too much. I had or am having an IWB holster made. I've been waiting a while for it. I am hoping to carry it a lot more this summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top