Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2004 3:10:19 PM EDT
I am just curious which one of these would you prefer to own (if you could only have one)?
I have owned both and find that hey are both top notch handguns. CZ's tend to be 1/2 to 2/3 the price of HP's.  Your opinion please.............

Edited to add.... I sold my HP.

Bought a Wather P99 w/titanium slide .

I'm missing my HP....Like an itch you can't reach.
"I'm going to get another one.1"

Already own a CZ 75B.

Somebody in the background said "Get Both".

DAMN GOOD IDEA!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
BHP a.k.a. "Queen of the Combat Auto's"  There is just something special about them
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally would go with the CZ75/85, because they are a newer design than the ancient Browning P35 Hi-power. As example, check out the feed ramp of each respective gun, which one has the shallower shorter feed ramp that would feed round right into the chamber. If you like the P35 BHP, I would go with it. But, logically I would go with the CZs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
HP, no question. Perfect balance, sexy looks, wonderful accuracy. What more could one want?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#4]
No question in my mind, Browning High Power all the way.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
P-35.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]
    GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Obviously...

While both are definately good autos, I'd have to side with the HP if I had to choose. It just doesn't get any better, IMO.    
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I vote for the CZ-75. I looked at both a while back and the CZ won me over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HP, no question. Perfect balance, sexy looks, wonderful accuracy. What more could one want?

Hey Bob, Have you ever or do you own a CZ 75/85?  Not trying to be a smart ass here.
For the price, it is hard to beat a CZ 75B.  Don't get me wrong.  I loved my HP.
 Brain lapse when I sold it.
I find the 75B to be just as accurate and reliable. Maybe the only thing missing is ,(in your words), sexy looks!  I like it , though....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The safety on the CZ is easier to operate, and I like the choice of either SA or DA firing modes.  I honestly love them BHP, but like the CZ better.

I still say GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Bob, Have you ever or do you own a CZ 75/85?  

Nope, they don't interest me at all. I have fondled them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a CZ that I have put thousands and thousands of rounds thru... not a single problem... both are great pistols, so honestly get what your checkbook allows you to if you cant get both... or if youre like me and like both its not a matter of which one to get... its a matter of which one to get first.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I personally would go with the CZ75/85, because they are a newer design than the ancient Browning P35 Hi-power. As example, check out the feed ramp of each respective gun, which one has the shallower shorter feed ramp that would feed round right into the chamber. If you like the P35 BHP, I would go with it. But, logically I would go with the CZs.

Agreed.
The HP is a classic, but somewhat dated design.  But what really puts it in my doghouse is the #@*&%@# magazine disconnect safety.  I HATE those things!
For all the reasons above, even though I like classic handguns, I bought a nickel plated CZ75B for my collection.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I've never owned either gun.  

That said, I prefer a sidearm which can be carried DA/SA.  So I'd opt for a CZ-75b Decock ONLY.

That removes the stupid safety.   When you draw the gun, cock the hammer at the same time.  Then your first shot is single action.

Edited to add:
My only issue with the CZ-75b is that it doesn't come in stainless.   This is the reason that I went with a Taurus PT-92 as an inexpensive 9mm.  I have never regretted that decision.   So I'd have to put in a motion for you to consider a Beretta or a Taurus 92 in stainless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top