Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 7:09:50 PM EDT
I like the price and the caliber but are thes cheap pistols reliable or accurate? Are mags easy to find?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
CZ-52 is probably the finest handgun for $200 or less on earth. Mags are easy to find, it's EXTREAMLEY accurat although some barrels are better then others and if you get a bad one, you can alwayse get a federal barrel ( remember to replace federal rollers with mil spec rollers.
Reliability is like an AK. It'll take all the abuse in the world and still work just fine.
CZ-52s are a cheap enitial buy but if you want the best out of them, expect to invest a good $300 by the time your done
The things that you will want to replace are the grips, firing pin and you will probably want to have it refinished and have the trigger pull done and some perfer to change out the slide stop with a newer one.
I have tuned up a couple CZ-52s ( shown below ) and they were 5x the gun when they were done.
The add-ons and custom work can work up a bill but their worth it and if you build it up over time, you will find it fairley affordable since most of the things you have to buy or have done are not that expensive indevidually.
If you are local, you can bring it over and i'll do your trigger for free which can reduce your costs and hastle quite a bit.

http://www.paladinrepublic.com/cz2.jpg

http://www.paladinrepublic.com/cz1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks alot but I am in AZ- gas is too high. I will definitely look into one now. Those pistols look great. They have them around here for $150. With some TLC and some refinishing, maybe mine will look that good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top