Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2007 2:54:25 AM EDT
I have what was a new CZ 75 SPO1, now I have 1000 rounds thru it. I like it.
The only other pistols I have is a CZ 52 which is 110% reliable but I can't shoot it accuratly and a 1911A1 clone that has a trigger job from Wilson Combat thus an excellent trigger that breaks like cheap piece of thin glass.
The SPO1  singla action trigger is light enuff but has too much and gritty trigger creep.  I think thats what it's called...after I take up the slack there it still a little too much before it actualy breaks. I found that if Im careful I can take up that last little bit, aim then go for the break. Doing this tightens my groups a whole lot.
Do any of you 75 owners have this condition?
With the hammer back you see the part that slides off the hammer before the break, is that the sear?
How can this be remedied, I can't live with this.

Who are the known CZ 75 smiths that can do this in a timely manner?

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/19/2007 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt Mink can make your trigger better, but it's still a CZ.  I love my 75, but if you watch the hammer, even in single action, the hammer is not all the way back.  When you pull the trigger slowly, you'll see it come back just a bit more before the sear releases.  That's why there is so much creep in it.

I don't know how much this can be improved.
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Camming can be brought down to zero.

Matt Mink,
http://www.matthewmink.com/

Or Angus Hobdell,  come to mind.

http://ghostholster.com/
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I put in a re-shaped combat trigger cause I didnt like the fish-hook profile of the original, but it helped the trigger creep a bit as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
While at the gun shop yesterday I handled a couple of their new EAA CZ75 clones. They had both one that said Match on it and was S/A only and the regular model.
From the few minutes I had to look at it I could see they aren't exact copies. Also in S/A the trigger pull was better than my SPO1, no camming, smooth and no creep. It was perdy nice.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
matt and angus have pretty good turn around times, less than 6 weeks if i recall... prices arent bad either. i know matt will hook you up with a discount if you're a repeat customer. I PM'ed you about the work i had done

glad you liked my pic in the picture thread :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While at the gun shop yesterday I handled a couple of their new EAA CZ75 clones. They had both one that said Match on it and was S/A only and the regular model.
From the few minutes I had to look at it I could see they aren't exact copies. Also in S/A the trigger pull was better than my SPO1, no camming, smooth and no creep. It was perdy nice.

Thats a Tanfoglio, excellent gun.  I have a Tanfoglio Limited Custom at the house, probably has one of the best out of the box triggers I've ever felt.  They are handworked factory though (the Match model and up that is), so thats why..
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 to what Aud_VDW said.

The grit that you feel, I believe is from the sear... If you look at it, it appears to be a bit rough and could use a good polish. If someone were to polish it, they would have to be careful not to round the edges. And yes, the sear is that piece of steel you see at the front base of the hammer.

The slack can also be removed.

For anyone that reads this thread and thinks the CZ has a horrible trigger - It doesn't.
It's actually quite nice, but not perfect.
... In SA on my CZ-75, there is about ~1/4" slack, then ~1/8" camming before the trigger breaks. With enough use, I'm sure things will smooth out a bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top