Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/26/2014 11:40:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2014 11:58:26 PM EST by M10KEN]
Hey Guys .. I bought this CZ NIB from a local dealer , has anyone heard anything about this model haveing any problems with trigger slap , the last couple of times I've taken it out my trigger finger became numb from shooting less than 100rds through it , its straight out of the box and has had nothing done to it , between me and my son maybe 500 rds downrange with it ..

Let me know if anyone else has had this problem with theirs or heard about a problem from anone else .

Thanks in Advance ...Ken

FYI , I also have a 92FS and a P38 that I can shoot all day without my trigger finger going numb

here's a pic of the Beast :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:00:11 PM EST
I have the same model and have no issue with trigger slap. Does it dry fire/function fine?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:03:52 AM EST
From what little experience I've had and the few I've shot, it seems to be peculiar to the decocker versions. None of my original standard safety CZ's have it. I ended up selling my PCR, CZ40p & P-O1 because of it. Shot my Friends P-O1 just last Sunday and it reminded me why I got rid of the decockers. They all had fairly annoying trigger slap. I don't know if there's a remedy for it or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:33:31 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cz75fan:
From what little experience I've had and the few I've shot, it seems to be peculiar to the decocker versions. None of my original standard safety CZ's have it. I ended up selling my PCR, CZ40p & P-O1 because of it. Shot my Friends P-O1 just last Sunday and it reminded me why I got rid of the decockers. They all had fairly annoying trigger slap. I don't know if there's a remedy for it or not.
View Quote

Thanks for the info cz75fan ,for a while there I thought I was the only one having this problem , I have also sent an Em to CZUSA about it and have not heard back from them yet , I also talked with a guy that had one ,same exact model as mine , he said he started wearing a shooting glove and he didnt notice it as bad or at all ,I wish he would have told me about this sooner ,he's the reason I bought the same model , now wishing I would have got the 75b without the de cocker, I may try using the glove to see if it helps, and let you guys know what happens , maybe I can get some help from CSUSA shortly ,, have a good one...ken
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:27:14 PM EST
Interesting. I had a Police model years ago. It was the only decocker CZ I've owned. I sold it because I don't like the decocker models in general, but I do remember that pistol hurt the finger a bit. This is the first I've heard of it being associated with the decocker though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:07 AM EST
I've had very noticeable trigger slap on a manual safety RAMI, but not noticed it on other models with or without a decocker. I'm still of the opinion it's luck of the draw with CZ's whether you get one with trigger slap or not..
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:56:05 PM EST
I received an email from CZUSA in Kansas City, KS. this message was sent from one of their Master Gun smith's there ,

(I quote ) There are two ways of correcting the issue, you can contact the custom shop and order a differant shaped trigger shoe , or you can change your grip !! end of message , not sure if I'm suppose to change my grip on the pistol or the grips on my 75 either way I cant see that this would stop the trigger slap problem ...

I sent him back a reply and told him there was a 3rd way of correcting the problem and that would be for me to sell the 75 and buy another pistol that was more pleasent to shoot , have not herd back from him ..

my thoughts now are selling the 75 , I have been looking at Sig-Sauer , so I might go that way , ken
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:11:32 PM EST
I have three different decocker models and none have this problem unless I get tired and loosen my grip. Not saying this is the case in yours, but for me the CZs really forced to focus on my fundamentals.
Top Top