Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 11:34:36 AM EDT
I am looking at a CZ40P and don't know much about it. Anyone have one? Anybody know anything about them? $300NIB. I am looking for a plane jane range gun and this is a pretty good price. Any feedback would be nice.
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a CZ 40 sub-compact(.40 S&W version of P-01) with a rail.  10rd cap.  Higher caps in the works apparently.  It is a Czeska Zbrojovka made in the Uhersky Brod so I have no doubts on reliability and quality.  It is just a 1 year limited production gun.  For the price I am certain it is good.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It'll take the 12 rd mags from the .40 cal CZ75 if you use the baseplates from the 40P mags. It's also not a .40 cal version of the P-01. It's a 40B slide on a P-01 frame. Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one.  It's a good buy for the money.  

The trigger pull is a little long, other than that. I like it fine.  

If I had it to do over again, I would just get the CZ 75B, though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I had it to do over again, I would just get the CZ 75B, though.

You're supposed to buy the 40P, P-01, 40B, 75B, 97, 2075 RAMI, and the 83. CZ pistols are like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am looking at a CZ40P and don't know much about it. Anyone have one? Anybody know anything about them? $300NIB. I am looking for a plane jane range gun and this is a pretty good price. Any feedback would be nice.
Thanks

This is IMHO one of the best handgun deals going right now.
I have 3 CZ's and they are great.
I really doubt you will be disappointed in the handling charecteristics, accuracy, or reliability of CZs.

DaddyDett

CZ2075 Rami
CZ 97B
CZ75B .40
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks

This is IMHO one of the best handgun deals going right now.
I have 3 CZ's and they are great.
I really doubt you will be disappointed in the handling charecteristics, accuracy, or reliability of CZs.

DaddyDett

CZ2075 Rami
CZ 97B
CZ75B .40

I am a Beretta man through and through, but I bought one of these as a gift for my father on a lark for $315 at the gunshow last year.  Dad loved shooting my Centurion and wanted a caliber for home defense larger than his old .22s.  

After buying him one and shooting it myself, I must say that I am constantly on the lookout for another one for myself!!  The gun just feels good, full magazine or empty magazine, recoil is not a problem or too sharp, and the grip angle and thickness still feels natural and comfortable after 100 or 200 rounds.

Like I said, I'm still looking for another one...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up a 40p  at J&G Sales for $299 and love this pistol.
It has all the great characteristics of the venerable ol' CZ-75 - just updated with a rail and a fantastic price. What a deal....shoots great too of course.
I Highly recommend it.

Forgot to mention I am particularly impressed witht the slide- to- frame fit of this pistol. Remarkably smooth for a "Budget gun", if I dare say so
Those Czech guys are serious about the the guns they make, at whatever price.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just picked up a 40p  at J&G Sales for $299 and love this pistol.

That's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#11]
J&G is about the only place to get them.  The slides were origianly intended for the CZ built Colt Z40.  That deal went south and CZ was stuck with a ton of slides.  You can see where they milled out the Colt marking.  

The Czechs can be goofy sometimes.  I took a look at the P-01 and loved the gun in general but was bummed it was only available in 9mm.  They don't make a 40 with the decocker.  There was no one pistol CZ made that had all the features I want.  

Then I saw the 40P in the SGN.  Duh, there it is a 40 on the P-01 frame with the decocker.  So here is the pistol everyone wants and what does CZ do?  Blow it out at a super low price!  Man I just don't get it.  I'd market the thing as somthing special.

BTW at the $299 J&G is offering you are getting a hell of a deal.  I bought mine directly from CZ since they are my employer and I didn't save much over the J&G price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top