Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2013 3:11:49 PM EDT
I have a CW9 that I absolutely love. It conceals well and is a soft and accurate shooter. As you all probably know the trigger is smooth but long, especially the reset. I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with shortening the trigger pull and reset? Aftermarket parts for this?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Only thing I came across while searching was Galloway Precision;  sadly they have been stuck coming soon for 3 months now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks interesting. I'm willing to give it a try if its at a reasonable cost and this company has a good reputation. Guess I'll wait and see when it comes in stock.

Does anybody have any experience with this company?
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
This may not be a good idea.

The reason the Kahr Arms is so safe is because it has a longer, revolver-like trigger.  Guns like the Glock and S&W M&P have much shorter, lighter triggers that have a trigger lock that prevents the trigger from moving unless your finger (or something else) releases the lock.
For that reason, the Glock and S&W are not safe to carry without a holster that covers the trigger.

The Kahr doesn't need a trigger lock because like a double action revolver, you need a long, heavier pull to fire it.
If you start shortening or lightening the trigger pull, you get into a situation where you can have an AD.

One thing you may want to ask Kahr about:  Many Kahr's now come with the "Elite" trigger unit that gives a shorter trigger pull, but is still safe.
I don't know if the CW has the Elite trigger.  If not, you can have Kahr install it.
An email will tell you if the CW has the Elite unit.

https://www.kahr.com/
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This may not be a good idea.

The reason the Kahr Arms is so safe is because it has a longer, revolver-like trigger.  Guns like the Glock and S&W M&P have much shorter, lighter triggers that have a trigger lock that prevents the trigger from moving unless your finger (or something else) releases the lock.
For that reason, the Glock and S&W are not safe to carry without a holster that covers the trigger.

The Kahr doesn't need a trigger lock because like a double action revolver, you need a long, heavier pull to fire it.
If you start shortening or lightening the trigger pull, you get into a situation where you can have an AD.

One thing you may want to ask Kahr about:  Many Kahr's now come with the "Elite" trigger unit that gives a shorter trigger pull, but is still safe.
I don't know if the CW has the Elite trigger.  If not, you can have Kahr install it.
An email will tell you if the CW has the Elite unit.

https://www.kahr.com/

That's a great point and I totally see what your saying.  I'll have to research the Elite trigger option.  Thanks for the info.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top