Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2008 6:18:20 AM EDT
      does anyone have, or used Crimson Trace grips? the eyes aren`t what they used to be. really like to shoot pistol. but don`t like missing the target at 25 yds.
      can the lazar be seen on bright days?   any info/ input will be appriecated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Crimson Trace on my J frame.  Its kinda hard to see in really bright light but works really well indoors.  My j frame is what I take to work with me and I like having the laser there just incase I am faced with any situation where speed and accuracy matter most.  It is a lot quicker to aim with the laser rather than the crappy sites on a S&W 642.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I had some put on my wife's S&W 442.

They work great once you adjust them.

Especially with small snubbies that do not have great sights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Crimson Trace laser grips on a few of my handguns.  The farthest out I had my targets when using the grips is 15 yards and I was able to see the laser dot during bright sunny days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got them on my HiPower.  Once you have them dialed in, they're great.  In bright light you might not see the dot, but under normal conditions, especially indoors, you'll have no problem at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got CT's on 2 1911's, a snubbie, and a Kel-Tec.

Love 'em.  At noon, you may have some trouble picking up the beam, but the rest of the time, it's great.  

Really is worth its weight in gold at night.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a set on my Glock 27.  They work great, just point and shoot.  However, I have small hands.  The glock 27 fit perfectly with out the grips but now the gun just does not feel the same.  It made the grip just a tiny bit bigger for me.  I can still shoot the gun well but my grip is a little uncomfortable.  

That being said, I will be keeping them.

M
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using them since 03' in the box on my issued M1911A1, M9, SIG 226 and M4 (vertical foregrip).  As mentioned not very visable past 15-25' during daylight but in low light conditions it reins supreme.  Its great when your moving or shooting for award positons and anytime you physical can't see the sights.  (over/around obstacles, from moving vehicles/aircraft)  They even turned around some morgol dogs downtown Baghdad at night as I protected our K9 working dog.  Great for getting out people to ID targets in your sector also.  

CD

ETA: that I've made offhand 100m shots on steel silhouettes at night with my M9 but you diffentitly need to remember your shooting fundamentals.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I have CT grips on my M&P.40. After sighting in my AR using the 25meter battle zero. I thought why not see if my laser would allow me to hit an empty Coke can from that distance... It did!!!
meter=39"
yard=36"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top