Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/25/2003 7:54:37 AM EDT
Just picked it up in a trade

Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice gun. Looks all hard chromed. I usually see 'em with a nickel frame with a blue slide.

Are those Bo-Mar sights or Eliason?

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good eye its a Bo Mar rear sight with Clark front sights.

Man this gun is sweet
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey M4 ...

Yes, I agree it's a very sweet gun, bet it shoots as well as it looks.

I've been around Colt 1911's all of my "legal to own one now" life. In fact, the Government model was the first gun I owned.

Funny thing is, everyone says I had to take to a smith to make it "shootable" ... i.e.; all the bells and whistles.

I still have the gun and it's all stock and shoots well enough @ 15 yards for one ragged little hole with ball ammo. Which by the way has the ole collet bushing in it and I've never had a problem with it.

Just goes to show the Colt can and still makes a good gun, right out of the box.

I just picked up a Colt Custom Commander. I had fun with it yesterday and the bushing is easy to take out with your fingers and the trigger is ok. And still, it shoots as accurate as my ole Government. Meanwhile, I laugh at all the hype the other forums and their resident gunsmiths posts that none of these factory guns are good enough to depend on until you bring 'em to me so you can blow a $1000+ on it.

LOL ... you know the story line.

I like your gun and I hope you have a lot of fun times with it.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice trade! I'm not even gonna ask what was involved in the transaction but I'm sure around dinner time, you may miss her.
Not that it counts, I like it a lot!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]

I've been around Colt 1911's all of my "legal to own one now" life. In fact, the Government model was the first gun I owned.

The Colt 1911 Government has been the first gun of about six or seven people that I personally know. They were all pass-ons from family or friends of family. I see a lot of symbolism in it- Are you going to give your son some crappy 1911 clone or run-of-the-mill 9mm? Hell no! You're going to give him quality and reliability that he can be proud of.

I'm getting sentimental, I think I might have to go down to the shop on Monday and put in an order.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
$$$600.....I'm Jealous
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The twins:

1991 NRM.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just picked up a 99% series 70 made in 1974 today at the fun show. Blueing is 100%. The blueing isnt even wore off the hammer face.

Not bad for 600  

Man, that's just outright mean...600, could'nt you have lied and rounded it up 300 or so?
[>Q]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]
VERY NICE!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello everyone!

I can now finally say I own a Colt 45!!!  I was at an auction today and I was able to buy the 1991 A1 Commander in blue for $320 NIB!!!

They had 3 of them and I can't figure out why nobody was bidding high on the Colt's.  I guess because it was number 46 in a 460 gun auction and everyone was saving their money.  The ywent alphabetical and 90% of the guns were NIB because the dealer had passed away.  I can't wait to pick it up and go shoot with it.  I own quite a few guns but i always wanted a 1911 style 45.  Thank goodness I did not break down and buy the Springield 1911 A1 Mil spec for $400.

One question, does this gun use the same mags as a 1911?  Also, it came with 2 styles of grips, regular and finger notch rubber ones.

I'll post here since I am now a proud owner!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top