Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 7:49:56 PM EDT
I am looking at buying the COLT ANACONDA .44 Magnum from another gun owner who says it's in mint condtion.I have heard that it is hard to get one and that t is a very fine gun.

If anyone has some info that they would like to share please let me know.hanks,Frank  [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.    I love it.  It is accurate as hell and a smooth trigger/action.  the cylinder lock up is incredible tight.  I really don't have much to compare it to as it is the only Colt revolver I have ever shot, and until I stumbled on this one I really wasn't in to wheel guns.  

As for hard to come buy, if you look hard enough they can be found for a reasonable price.  What are you looking at paying for it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The Anaconda is a top-quality Colt revolver.
It's basically an expanded King Cobra.

The Anaconda is an absolute TANK.  The only watch-out, is to not do a lot of dry firing unless you use snap caps.
If the firing pin breaks a replacement is a factory ONLY job since it requires special tooling to do it without damaging the frame.

Colt is still making the Anaconda, but they will be reducing the production this year so they can divert capacity to military weapons for the year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply. Well some guy here in Toronto has mint one for $850.00CDN. I might get it for $750.00. That is good because I cannot find one here at all.So I hope he sells it to me because it is a beauty of a gun.

I have been to Florida in Orlando and loved it can not wait to go back.

Frank
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems that you are getting a good price
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top