Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:51:36 AM EDT
I don't know if many of you guys have seen yet, CDNN has USP Experts in 9mm and .40 and USP Elite 9mm's for $999.99. I am trying to resist the urge but I think I am going to end up with one or the other.
Unfortunately it looks like they have removed the jet funnels and 18-round mags to make some extra cash, but I don't mind as I already have a bunch of 15-round mags.

I am somewhat torn, I like long barrels for extra velocity, but the Elite looks kind of funny to me.
Any thoughts from those who own one or both?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Years ago I owned an Elite in 9mm. It was sublime in it's accuracy, but didn't hadle well in fast shooting. The weight of the slide coming foreward after the recoil would push the muzzle down below aiming level.
The full size models end up just a little high.
I always wondered if the Expert would have been perfect.
That price is great, I paid $1,225 for mine years ago.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I own an Expert in 45acp.

No more are being imported - so why not.
I agree the Elite is too much for me but the Expert fits the bill all the way around
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw an expert at the gun shop by my house...what do you think about it?  In person I liked the looks.  Does it perform well for you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My friend has the expert and I have the Elite, both in 9mm.  They are very accurate, easy to shoot, and soft recoiling.  One weird problem that we both have, as well as one other Elite owner that I spoke to is that they love to throw brass in your face, and occasionally FTE.  Mine is now broken in and will not throw brass in your face or fte unless I use Blazer, works great with Win white box.  It acts like the recoil spring system is too heavy for some factory loads, it never happens with +P.  Other than that, they are great!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top