Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:12:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 6:11:33 PM EST by SO-COM]
I bought two 13 round compact Baby Eagle/Jericho 941FB mags from CDNN Investments at 25 a piece. They weren't the same make as each other. One was a Tanfoglio magazine (identified by the T inside a triangle stamp) that does not have witness holes in the back, the other is unmarked and appears to be a ProMag. The 'ProMag' has 3 witness holes (5, 8, & 12) and seems to feed reliably. I hand cycled the entire contents of each magazine 4 times each, niether of them had a feed issue in my pistol. Both of them use indentical floor plates, and look almost identical. The only other difference is the rear of the mag between the feed lips differs. The Tanfoglio mags all use a \__/ shaped gap (like a 3rd gen glock mag). The 'ProMag' ( ' ' is because I'm not sure its make) uses what looks like a U shaped opening like a 1st gen glock mag. The Tanfoglio also uses a slightly thicker metal then the 'ProMag', which I think is why the promag rattles a slight bit when loaded to 12of13. So far, the Tanfoglio 13 is a pretty much gauranteed functioning mag, and the 'ProMag' holds alot of promise as a reliable magazine (a little rattle doesn't bother me if it feeds 100%).

Range report to follow, and feel free if you bought some full caps from CDNN to post your results as well. :]

EDIT: I did some checking and apparently MecGar makes magazines for this pistol as well. So I could possibly have a MecGar 13 rounder.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:47:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 7:38:54 AM EST by chuba]
Top Top