Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 10:32:30 AM EDT
My question is this can you take the class for CC before your 21?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends, is this a state run class?  All NRA classes you can take (except instructor certification) before you are 21.  Some tactical shooting schools will let in 18yo's,  Tactical Response Inc. Is one of them.  I have 6 classes with them and i'm 20.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't picked a class yet. I'm 21 but my buddy isn't so I'm checking for him. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my CCW permit in VA with a NRA Hunter Safety course certificate I got when I was 12.  I think the course was even free.

If your state CCW laws allow a NRA hunter safety course as proof of training, then that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No we have to take the class for carry here in MN.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on the state.  Fine here in SC as long as you turn 21 w/i 6 months of taking the class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top