Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2005 10:24:57 AM EDT
Does anyone carry one of these?  To me it seems kinda pointless.  You're not an LEO, and to identify yourself as one is a serious crime.  It seems like the badge is not only useless, but is asking for trouble.  Anyone else have input on the matter?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohio AG recommends against these. I agree that it is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I advise against the badge.  I don't think it's a good idea.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Owning one of those is a sure sign of BORDERLINE RETARDATION!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And MarkM would know!  He's right though, it's a big sign of the wanna be secret agent mentality.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]
They are very helpful in deciding if that person is a complete moron or not.....
So I bought two!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
this is no shit: i know a guy who keeps one ON his tac belt.  It's right there at 1 o'clock right in front of his pistol holster.  This guy is a C3 FFL, so i figured maybe he knows something i dont, but judging from the responses...... i'd have to agree with the picture from meltdown.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And MarkM would know!  He's right though, it's a big sign of the wanna be secret agent mentality.

Don't be hatin'!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!  

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Noooooooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If you carry two guns, should you have two badges? I wear one on my underwear, that's why I have that pained look when sitting down.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
in my opinion they are more trouble than helpful and also kind of queer, it's like trying to act like your an LEO.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Noooooooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

O Rly?

Ya Rly!

O Rly?

Ya Rly!

NO WAII!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
After I came out of the closet, I ran right out and got one....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#18]
NOOOOOOO NOT THE BADGES THREAD AGAIN! AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!

Please! lock this thread!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I disagree!

Nothing "borderline" about it!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.maximumoc.com/img/random/bush_ccw_badge.jpg

wow, thats some good spelling...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush can't get a CCW license because under Texas law, his DUI removed any chance of him ever being able to carry concealed legally.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#24]
dui is a fealony in tx?  or is it just a disqualifier for a ccw permit?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#25]
If he was a felon, he couldn't be the Potus.  Some states have different misdemeanors that DQ u from ccw but usually on DWI it only matters if it's in the past 2 or 3 years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Where the hell did this idea come from? Its calld a CCW for a reason. the only time you need to decalre you are armed is if asked by a LEO. Then its just a matter of presenting your licence and posibly your firearm.Carring a wanabe badge is mague at least and dangerously asinine at worst.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Carring a wanabe badge is mague at least

You got a definition for that?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I find it laughable.  One of the dealers at the Chantilly gunshow wears one.  What a schmuck.  Not a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
does any states require a badge?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isnt that the HR218 badge?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Carring a wanabe badge is mague at least

You got a definition for that?

http://www.guts2fail.com/photos/albums/stock/dork.thumb.jpg
somthing like this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Sum it up in word word --- >   pathetic...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea.. I just googled imaged it up :P
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea.. I just googled imaged it up :P

That may be the badge that the widow from the 9/11 gave him and he displayed during one of his speeches.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Does anyone carry one of these?  To me it seems kinda pointless.  You're not an LEO, and to identify yourself as one is a serious crime.  It seems like the badge is not only useless, but is asking for trouble.  Anyone else have input on the matter?

I'd never carry one. IMO you could get into waaaaaaaaay too much trouble.

What if someone says you flashed a badge and said you were a cop? [even if you didn't]

The one thing I REALLY can't stand is the envelope they send you in the mail to get you to buy one.

It's got a picture of one of the badges that says "CONCEALED WEAPON" right on front!!

Just one other great reason FL needs to make the list of CCW holders NON-PUBLIC!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Where the hell did this idea come from?

It's a FL thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]
LINK

QUESTION 9.  I am a Florida license holder, and I have recently received a solicitation in the mail for an "official badge" identifying me as such a license holder. Are these badges legal? Does the Division endorse these badges?

No, the Division does not endorse these badges, but they are not illegal. There is nothing in Florida law that specifically prohibits companies from offering to sell these badges to Florida license holders, nor is there any provision that prohibits license holders from carrying such badges.

License holders should be aware that the use of official badges is prohibited in Florida Statutes in a couple of places. Section 30.46 specifies that a badge in the shape of a five-pointed star can be used by Florida sheriffs and deputy sheriffs only. Section 843.085 makes it unlawful to wear or display any authorized indicia of authority (including any badge) which could deceive a reasonable person into believing that such item is authorized by any federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency.

Licensees should also take note that these badges do not substitute for identification or confirmation of your status as a holder of a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. Only the license issued by the Division will serve as a means of identifying a citizen as a license holder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I like Florida's pro gun laws and wish they would enact a castle law in AZ. but if a few idots exploit these laws then the whole country will suffer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
That's why I am all about dropping the hammer on people who break gun laws.  The surrest way to get MORE gun laws is to give people a way to demonstrate why the current laws don't work.  If it can be proven the current laws work, there is no need for more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Lame. What's the point? I guess you're supposed to flash it, and people will think you're a LEO. Of course, any real LEOs that see it or hear about it won't be too happy. It seems to appeal to people who want to believe they're some sort of tactical ninja on a secret mission or something.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Lame. What's the point? I guess you're supposed to flash it, and people will think you're a LEO. Of course, any real LEOs that see it or hear about it won't be too happy. It seems to appeal to people who want to believe they're some sort of tactical ninja on a secret mission or something.

If your jacket flys open, or your shirt gets lifted people are less likely to freak out if they see a shiny iece of metal with some writing on it.
That's the theory, and for the most part probably true.  Hell you could probably take some aluminum foil and glue it to a badge shaped piece of carboard, draw on it with a Sharpie and not get a second look from most people.
But then most people are so inobservant that they'd not notice the gun anyway.
These just seem to wannabeish.  Like the rent-a-cops carrying their badges around in wallets.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#43]
HAA,,,,,,,,,,,,HAAA,,,,HAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Busting a gut Laughing at the CCW car..........

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#45]
As far as carrying CCW badges go, yes it's a bad idea, and for several reasons.

However, the desire to be a policeman is a manly thing, and in the CCW community we have very manly men, which is a good thing.  We live in a feminized world where the masculine virtues of strength, courage and defense of home and nation are ridiculed.  But since those natural qualities will not be politicized out of existence, they're still there.  The badge is but a sign of that desire.

Again, I think it's a very bad idea to carry one.  But gaving a gun is a good and manly thing to do.   And if anyone doesn't want me to have one, then I know he wants to take away from freedom and my ability to defend myself against bad people and bad governments.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#46]
speechless
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#47]
it is not only a bad idea but it can carry serious repercussions along with it.

it can get your ass shot, from a bad guy thinking you are a cop.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Only a mall ninja would buy one of those.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Guys, the point isn't to flash the stupid things.  It's if your jacket comes open, or your shirt lifts up and your gun is seen the sheeple will just see the shiny thing next to the gun and not freak out.  No, they aren't the best of ideas, and no I don't carry one.  But at least understand what you are making fun of.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Only a mall ninja would buy one of those.

But isn't that exactly who they are aimed at?  The idea behind concealed is just that, concealed so why would you want anything designed to advertise the fact that you are carrying?  Keep the weapon hidden and never produce it or let anyone know you have it until it is needed.

The only conclusion I can come to is it is marketed by mall ninjas for mall ninjas.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top