Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:08:37 AM EDT
I got my my permit a few months ago. I have a XD 40 subcompact. Iwb holster and wilderness tactical belt. I'm 6' 240 lbs. I've got a problem with my gun printing. I had my holser made by HBE. He said because I am a big guy it is easier to conceal. If wore it before and my wife has not even known I was cc. But if I look in the mirror I think it sticks out like a sore thumb. Eric at Hbe said I should wear the iwb behind the hip. I have tried this and it does conceal better. But to me seams like it is akward to draw like this. Am I just being paranoid. I realize that the public would have to realy stare at me to see the print. What is the best position to carry our is it just up to the person. Any info would be greatly apreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:11:32 AM EDT
considering you have a sub combact try 2 o'clock or so carry. I carry my sub compact Taurus this way and due to the short barrel length it works well and is easy to conceal. Also try some diffrent cants to the gun if your holster allows it. I can usually carry under just a t shirt without printing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:23:40 PM EDT
I carry IWB tucked and I have stopped worrying about printing. The longer you carry, the less "paranoid" you will be. Or at least that is how it has been for me.

I carry at about 5:00 because it is the most comfortable for me. Not the quickest draw but there are always tradeoffs.

There is always the chance of being made but IMO it is very slim.

However you end up carrying, practice is critical.

Seydou

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT
I use both paddle and IWB hoslters. I'm a big guy like you. You only notice it because you're looking for it. Most people will never notice it. Maybe someone who's more aware, like a cop, will look for the bulge, but ony if you draw his attention in a negative way. Most printing issues are about the clothes. I've noticed that patterned clothing hides the print well, as well as dark colors.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:37:06 PM EDT
Same for me. I'm 6' and about 230. I wear a Service model XD at 4:00 IWB. I usually wear jeans and t or polo shirts and have no difficulty concealing. In terms of being difficult to draw, yes it is at first. With a little practice and the build up of muscle memory you'll get faster.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:51:11 AM EDT
Thanks for the info.
Top Top