Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 3:40:52 PM EDT
I'm seriously thinking about getting a CCO 1911. I'd like to spend under $1200 if possible. Stainless would be a plus, but not a deal-breaker. The Dan Wesson is awesome, but I'd prefer not to spend that much. I'm leery of the external extractor on the S&W. And this may be dumb, but I simply don't like the look of the Sig or the STI. Are there any other options currently in production? If I could find one of the old Colt CCOs, that would be great, but there are no guarantees I will.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The CCO makes for an excellent carry weapon.  Much nicer than the full sized 1911.

For the price range you're looking at you're looking at the Colt option.  There are no 'old' CCOs, it is a fairly new mix of parts, at least for Colt.

IIRC Colt makes them for Gunsite or does a special run of them for some name I can't remember.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Colt (TALO ver.) CCO
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Gunsite, they may still have some in stock.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a used dan wesson for less than that if your patient and willing to look around.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: Stainless would be a plus, but not a deal-breaker. The Dan Wesson is awesome, but I'd prefer not to spend that much. I'm leery of the external extractor on the S&W. And this may be dumb, but I simply don't like the look of the Sig or the STI.
View Quote

Understand the concern about the external extractor, but please give the Sig Compact Stainless Steel Traditional a look.

If you shop around, you can find them for $850 or so.

Thanks,

Don-S1
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the Colt Talo CCO.  Very nice.

Thinking about picking up the Colt Gunsite CCO.  It's currently on sale for  $1295.

http://eb07.ebhost9.com//new/en_send_preview_iframe2.aspx?SID=47&SiteID=8157&NewsletterID=52486&EmailID=6580433&HitID=1386086400199&token=062460ab8404c5442aa2c46c451c9941c1339d80
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Understand the concern about the external extractor, but please give the Sig Compact Stainless Steel Traditional a look.

Thanks,

Don-S1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted: Stainless would be a plus, but not a deal-breaker. The Dan Wesson is awesome, but I'd prefer not to spend that much. I'm leery of the external extractor on the S&W. And this may be dumb, but I simply don't like the look of the Sig or the STI.

Thanks,

Don-S1

That's a nice looking pistol. When I said I don't like the look of the Sig, I meant the goofy horizontal bulge they put on most of the slides. Does "traditional" refer to the lack of that bulge?

I have no personal experience with external extractor 1911s. My HKs have them, so I'm not opposed on principal; I've just heard so much bad talk about them on 1911s. If you (or anyone else) have experience with them, please talk about it.

The Gunsite Colt looks very nice, too. Right now that's the direction I'm leaning, but the price on that Sig (and the stainless finish) are attractive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top