Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 9:25:22 PM EDT
Has anyone shot CCI Blazer ammo? More specifically out of a Walther P22. Is this ammo any good? I know I like the CCI Stingers but those are kind of expensive for .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
i am very familiar with their 9mm ammo and have used their .45acp and .44mag.  everything i have fed it through loves the stuff.  

i just bought a ruger mkiii and i have been told by i don't know how many people that .22lr pistols are sometimes very finicky when it comes to ammo of choice.  so what i am going to do is buy a box of everything that they have at the local fun store and see what feeds well and what doesn't.  that might be the best idea for you as well.  and if you don't want to shell out the extra cash for the cci stingers then don't.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
AS far as the .22 goes, there is nothing special about CCI blazer.  I liked it a while back, but after ATK (federal) bought them out it changed and isn't any different than any other fed plinking load.

BEst bet is to buy a 2-3 boxes of each ammo you can find and see how it functions and groups, and if you find one that does better than others buy a bunch of it.  You might want to go so far as make note of lot numbers and buy from that lot if possible.  Between brands give the gun a cleaning as well.  There is some speculation that differing lubes between brands may be incompatible, but the stuff builds up and testing a new brand with a dirty gun won't necessarily give you the best results.

www.markii.org and www.rimfirecentral.com are some other places you might want to hit.  both have ammo forums with more info than I can ever recall.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've fed about 90 rounds through my SW9VE and in one box there must have been a defective box or whatnot because my friend was shooting a glock 26 and had a few FTE with it as well as I.  After that box the CCI gave me no problem.  Will go shoot again this weekend and see how they hold up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've fed about 90 rounds through my SW9VE and in one box there must have been a defective box or whatnot because my friend was shooting a glock 26 and had a few FTE with it as well as I.  After that box the CCI gave me no problem.  Will go shoot again this weekend and see how they hold up.

or you need to clean  your pistols.  never had a problem with a ruger p95, glock g17, sig p226, sig p220, para p14-45, hk p7m8, beretta 92, and at least a few other pistols.  then again all of them are cleaned after each trip to the range--even the glock.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or you need to clean  your pistols.  never had a problem with a ruger p95, glock g17, sig p226, sig p220, para p14-45, hk p7m8, beretta 92, and at least a few other pistols.  then again all of them are cleaned after each trip to the range--even the glock.

Clean my pistol, I bought it last wednesday, and satuday I fired it and that box gave me and my friend's glock about 6 FTEs,  As I mention above, the box must have been defective because I went through 34 rounds in the next box and it gave me no problems.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
well i guess they are allowed to make a junk batch now and again.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
CCI mini mags are the most reliable in our guns...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top