Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:21:21 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these, specifically in a P226? Any other model?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about their recoil buffer kit?  If so .....
On my P220ST, I found that the rod centering bushing fit very loose, leaving alot of potential rod movement.  It also creates a lack of bushing support against the inside of the slide.  I consulted them and they said that it was normal.  I measured the bushing dimensions and found them to be the same as the bushing that comes in their Beretta kit, but it fits tightly in the Beretta.  I suspect cost cutting.  I returned it without shooting with it in.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/XHairs/Sigbuffer2.jpg
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with these, specifically in a P226? Any other model?

are you working for buffer Tech by any chance?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Loose bushing--glad I found out before ordering one.

twonami--I wish--then maybe then I'll have an additional income to buy more stuff! Seriously though, I'm just trying to figure out how to make the stuff I have last as long as possible.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not  gunsmith nor engineer. But if you want to make a firearm last as long as you can - just add a little TLC to it and it will go far.

In my opinion anything limiting the way a pistol is supposed to work/function, then you challenge the reliability of the firearm. I only say that because as we all know physics play a large part in how a semi auto pistol works. Limp wrist - you jam the gun. Short stroke cycle can do the same thing
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Are these the only buffer systems available for sigs?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with these, specifically in a P226?

They get  harshed on pretty bad here and sigforums, mostly for the loose fit of the front bushing and for the difficulty installing it initially.  I'm running one in my .357 SIG P226 and it doesn't suck.  It was reasonably inexpensive (a strong argument could be made for cheap), it goes in much easier once you've done it a couple of times and the gun has been fired with it in there, and the rod/bushing can easily be rotated so the location of the gap can be lined up to match, or mirror, the gap of the barrel in the slide.  

Does it do anything?  Who the hell knows!  I'm the absolute worst at assessing even mildly subjective phenomenon.  Like my car picks up a detectable HP gain when it's washed or the wiper fluid is topped off, but I've supercharged vehicles and wasn't sure I could detect a difference.  That said, the buffer doesn't make it shoot any worse (still cycles flawlessly with a range of ammo), but any improvements are slight at best.

Firedragon used to make something for lots more money that got better reviews, again mostly on the fit and finish, but the link now says the product is currently unavailable: www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=SS2264DA&cat=51

ETA:  The Firedragon site says their e-commerce went TU recently but will be back on-line soon.  I have a feeling it's pay a little for a buffer with marginal fit and finish that doesn't do much, or pay much more for something with impressive engineering, fit and finish that also doesn't do much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top