Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
6/2/2020 2:34:59 PM
Posted: 1/12/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
Ok, I know this is no good without pics (I hope to correct that tomorrow) but I bought a used Buckmark, 5 1/2 " barrel, rubbergrips, and adj. sights today for $200 out the door and am very happy with it. I had to come into work this evening so I didn't have a chance to shoot it much. I put a magazine of Winchester lead standard velocity and a magazine of CCI plated high velocity and both cycled fine although the Winchester didn't lock up the slide on the last shot. I tacked a paper plate up and fired the two 10 round magazines into it. After I shot I paced off the distance as 17 yards. The cool thing is that I was able to get my initial sight picture and then just squeeze the trigger (crisp, light trigger I should say) as fast as I could and keep all 10 rounds on the plate with both magazines. I am really looking forward to actually shooting this pistol for accuracy when I get a chance.
Is there anything special I need to know about this pistol? It didn't come with a manual (I will be downloading that), but the barrel screw in the front is "buggered". Luckly Brownells seems to stock all the parts for this pistol so that shouldn't be a problem. Anyhow I just thought I would share! I will try to get pics up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:22:21 AM EDT
I'll buy it from you for $201 .  You stole that gun.  Maybe you should tell us all where the gun store is that sold it to you so we can take advantage.  Congratulations on a great purchase.  You can get a manual from Browning pretty easy.  You can download it online here:

www.browning.com/products/manuals/index.asp
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:43:37 AM EDT
I have a Buckmark. Overall I am pleased with this gun. I bought it because it is ergonomically identical to a 1911, so I can practice with the buckmark and have zero transition error when I go to the 1911.
Anyway, the buckmark has a weak spot, and that is the top strap. The rear screw comes loose easily and if you tighten it too much, the top strap will crack.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:33:21 AM EDT
Thanks for the feedback. The way the gun pointed was one of the reasons I decided to buy it even though I don't really have the money for it.  I will watch the topstrap, thanks for the heads up. I guess someone else picked up a phone in North Carolina because the internet is vey slow. I need to be getting ready for work so I will try to upload the pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:47:40 PM EDT
I've never removed my top strap & I've found that works best to keep the screws nice & tight & unbuggered.

A little toothbrush action for cleaning, maybe a bit of gun spray & it's good to go, IMO.

My Buckmark turns in best groups with cheap UMC ammo. Go figure.
Top Top