Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
Ok, I know this is no good without pics (I hope to correct that tomorrow) but I bought a used Buckmark, 5 1/2 " barrel, rubbergrips, and adj. sights today for $200 out the door and am very happy with it. I had to come into work this evening so I didn't have a chance to shoot it much. I put a magazine of Winchester lead standard velocity and a magazine of CCI plated high velocity and both cycled fine although the Winchester didn't lock up the slide on the last shot. I tacked a paper plate up and fired the two 10 round magazines into it. After I shot I paced off the distance as 17 yards. The cool thing is that I was able to get my initial sight picture and then just squeeze the trigger (crisp, light trigger I should say) as fast as I could and keep all 10 rounds on the plate with both magazines. I am really looking forward to actually shooting this pistol for accuracy when I get a chance.
Is there anything special I need to know about this pistol? It didn't come with a manual (I will be downloading that), but the barrel screw in the front is "buggered". Luckly Brownells seems to stock all the parts for this pistol so that shouldn't be a problem. Anyhow I just thought I would share! I will try to get pics up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll buy it from you for $201 .  You stole that gun.  Maybe you should tell us all where the gun store is that sold it to you so we can take advantage.  Congratulations on a great purchase.  You can get a manual from Browning pretty easy.  You can download it online here:

www.browning.com/products/manuals/index.asp
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Buckmark. Overall I am pleased with this gun. I bought it because it is ergonomically identical to a 1911, so I can practice with the buckmark and have zero transition error when I go to the 1911.
Anyway, the buckmark has a weak spot, and that is the top strap. The rear screw comes loose easily and if you tighten it too much, the top strap will crack.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback. The way the gun pointed was one of the reasons I decided to buy it even though I don't really have the money for it.  I will watch the topstrap, thanks for the heads up. I guess someone else picked up a phone in North Carolina because the internet is vey slow. I need to be getting ready for work so I will try to upload the pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never removed my top strap & I've found that works best to keep the screws nice & tight & unbuggered.

A little toothbrush action for cleaning, maybe a bit of gun spray & it's good to go, IMO.

My Buckmark turns in best groups with cheap UMC ammo. Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top