Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 6:51:39 PM EDT
Hi Folks,

Does anyone here use a BDM as a CCW?  If so why? or why not?

I've had one for a while and sorta forgot about it.  Now that I have my permit it seems to be the thinnest 15+ round 9mm around.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice pistol that just never caught on. I have a friend who is an absolute die hard revolver shooter, and the BDM is the only auto he owns or will even look at twice. He uses it for daily CCW and loves it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it suffered from the mag capacity ban.  If it had been capable of using BHP mags, it would have sold much better, but there are only so many hi-caps around for it when the ban hit.  I think people steered away from anything that took an odd mag back then.  

Nowdays people are more used to the ban, so they are willing to put up with a service pistol sized 10 rd gun, but back then it was a different story.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Ross...I have 3-15 rounders.  I'm wondering if I should buy more (at 75.00 a pop!) or get an HP.

Whaddayathink?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Love my BDM, even with 10 round mags (still 4 rounds more than any of my wheelies), but my HPs are even nicer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig,

Which HP's do you have...I'm wondering now if I should sell the BDM the w/3 hi-cap mags and get an HP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
If you like the BDM, I'd keep it.  The hi-cap mags make it a good value holder, and it's not a bad gun in it's own right.  Ten rd mags are probably cheap enough, and you can use them for dropping on the range, etc.  

The BHP is a fine gun, I've owned several, and currently have an Argentinian and a Canadian Inglis.  They are single action, as you probably know, and the BDM can switch, so you have to ask what you want out of it.  My CZ-75 is about as close to a SA/DA BHP that I've found as far as feel and size.  They're cheap enough as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is get rid of it if you don't like it, but if you like it I think the BDM would be worth holding on to.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Ross...

I do like it so I'm likely to just hang on to it.  

FYI-CDNN has Belgian FN HP's that are sa/da for 339.00.  Do you khow anything about them???
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope, I'm unfortunately ignorant on those.  I haven't even seen them, though I'm sure at that price they'll show up on tables at the gunshow soon enough.  

Ross
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
The CDNN catalogue has 'em...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I just finally got around to shooting my BDM. And I love it! Best 9mm I've ever shot. In the words of Cartman, "SCHWEEEET!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well I just finally got around to shooting my BDM. And I love it! Best 9mm I've ever shot. In the words of Cartman, "SCHWEEEET!"

Real thin too...and Hi Cap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top