Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:52:35 PM EDT
The other day I was out shooting with a buddy of mine when his Glock 22 malfunctioned. When he put the first mag in and racked the slide, the slide didnt return all the way forward--it was about a half an inch short. He racked it again and it seemed fine.

He started shooting the mag, and after about 3-4 shots, the trigger failed to reset. This happenned a few more times, and then he tried another mag. At first it seemed fine, but every 3-4 times it failed to properly reset the trigger.

We took it apart and looked it over. We found that the left rear slide rail was gone. This must have broke right away, and casued the slide not to properly return. we were shooting Blaser ammunition, both aluminum and brass cased. So i have a few questions.

1)Has this happenned before to any of you?

2)What might have caused this problem? First thought was that it might have been dropped while taken apart, but he says it wasn't

3)Will Glock help him out with this, or should he expect to buy a new lower/gun?

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:21:39 PM EDT
Glock will replace the receiver. There was a frame rail problem with some E serial numbered glocks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 7:52:35 PM EDT by HotRod9mm]
As stated Glock will replace the receive at no charge. Call the number below and they will help you out.

1-866-225-4098

Link to Frame Rail Issue
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:35:10 PM EDT
Thanks for the link! I figured glock would work like that.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:59:49 AM EDT
Be sure to keep us updated on the outcome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:19:44 AM EDT
He talked to Glock yesterday. Apparently his serial number was not within the range of the problem series, but they are still going to replace the reciever. Great customer service, and it makes me proud to own glocks. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:01:11 AM EDT
It would depend on which day and which Rep you spoke with as to wether or not a particular Glock needed an UPGRADE due to the frame rail issue, there are no recalls with Glocks. Glad to see Glock make this right they really do have good customer service.
Top Top