Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:08:03 PM EST
I was busy blasting away 9mm, getting used to the horrid trigger...........snap. Trigger stayed back against the frame, didnt reset. The trigger seems to have broken it connection to the hammer. I have not taken it apart, mostly cause I just plan on sending it to Kel Tec. I have about 250 rounds thru her, with no malfunctions. I am kinda pissed, but o well, what can you do? So sending it to Kel tec vs. trying to fix it myself is the best course of action, right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:04:45 PM EST
I have heard nothing but good things about customer service at Kel-Tec. post what the turnaround time is on the P11.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:56:23 AM EST
The horrid trigger was a good indicator something was wrong. The trigger on my P11 is about 8 pounds; not any worse than other big-name guns, but it is fairly smooth in the stroke.

If you carry it, it is always a good idea to have the factory or factory-authorized personnel repair the gun. That way, your six is covered from any surprises-courtroom and others- in the (hopefully unlikely) event you ever need it in extremis.

Don't give up on the gun... they're like flight school 172's- not the prettiest bird in the barn, but pretty rugged and forgiving.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:18:35 AM EST
I like the gun, dont get me wrong. Its never jammed, it just broke. I plan on sending it back to Keltec, and have them smooth her out and fix her. I feel good with 11rds of Corbon in my pocket.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:24:39 AM EST
The local SO uses Hydra-Shoks so I use them in all my carry guns. I figure if it's good enough for them, its good enough for me; besides, the Hydra-Shok has a pretty decent track record.
Top Top