Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:46:38 PM EDT
I am getting a virtually new CZ75B tomorrow.  Less than 50 rounds through the gun.  Any tips for breaking in a 75b?  Is a fluff and buff usually a good idea?  Any particular ammo to use or avoid early on?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would give it a good clean and lube.  make sure the bbl is clear and then have at it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Lube it up well and have at it.  Then lube it up some more after you've put a few hundred rounds through it.

I've had NO problems with blazer, monarch blue box, green box, wwb,  corbon, hornady tap, golden saber, UMC's,............... and any other ammo I've tried.  Yes thats right the steel cased laquered work great!

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
What are you guys using for lube?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

currently im trying Tetra Gun grease on the rails of my autos.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just use Rem oil or CLP.  I will let excess rem oil stay on, but will usually wipe all excess CLP off.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Pull the trigger a lot.  It will smooth out.  Neither of my compacts liked Blazer aluminum cased stuff.  There were extraction/ejection issues.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Clean it, lube it, shoot it. repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
You could buff the feed ramp.  Get some snap caps and do about 500 to 1000 trigger pulls to help smooth out the trigger.  Other than that, get some ammo and just shoot the lovely piece of engineering.. :)

-Corn
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would give it a good clean and lube.  make sure the bbl is clear and then have at it.

That's really all that is necessary with just about any pistol.  For lube, any quality lube should be sufficient.  My current lube is Mobil 1.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Lube and shoot and clean all copper out of barrel regularly.  Wonderful piece of engineering.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Break in?  What break in?  

I'm a fan of TW-25B for lube (www.mil-comm.com).  I bogart as much as I can from supply or the machanics at work.  A little bit goes a long way.  I got a buddy that's a fan of Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Lubricant.  Used as a spray in our .50 cals.  Keep in mind that TW-25B is a grease, and not so much a cleaner.  For that job I tend to use stuff like standard CLP.  

That cleaning regiment worked for me in the 'Stan, should work anywhere else.  Especially with an already reliable design.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top