Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/1/2009 7:18:53 PM EST
And it draws blood. New SA GI model. This is my first 1911. I doubt this is normal so what is my fix?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:40:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2009 7:40:57 PM EST by 1911smith]
Originally Posted By jim2024bob:
And it draws blood. New SA GI model. This is my first 1911. I doubt this is normal so what is my fix?

I don't know what's going on with Springfield these days... QC..... seems like everybody is out to lunch or asleep lately.... problem your experiencing is textbook ejector issue.... Call SA CS and explain your experience... My experience with their customer service is second to none......... They will issue a call tag for shipment on their dime...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:14:24 PM EST
My GI .45 did the same thing when brand new. It does get annoying getting hit by brass coming straight back at you.

I noticed that my extractor was clocking about 15 degrees. The empties were going all over the place including straight back at me most of the time.
I fitted and installed a flat bottom EGW firing pin stop. This kept the extractor from clocking. I also adjusted the tension on the extractor too. I did not do anything to the ejector btw.

Since then, no more brass in the face. Typically, the brass lands at 0400 and 0500 now and it is not dented either.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:30:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By Walther22lr:
My GI .45 did the same thing when brand new. It does get annoying getting hit by brass coming straight back at you.

I noticed that my extractor was clocking about 15 degrees. The empties were going all over the place including straight back at me most of the time.
I fitted and installed a flat bottom EGW firing pin stop. This kept the extractor from clocking. I also adjusted the tension on the extractor too. I did not do anything to the ejector btw.

Since then, no more brass in the face. Typically, the brass lands at 0400 and 0500 now and it is not dented either.

You just described it to a tee. I believe I will try this. Thanks all.
Top Top