Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2016 10:30:13 PM EDT
So i bought the future Mrs a TP9SF for a wedding present. Yes i could have dropped more money and got her a Glock but a girl i shoot 3gun with is now sponsored by Canik now and i value her opinion.

That being said she picked out the tan one and is in love with it herself. Well while shes away doing future wifey stuff ive been playing with it and holy hell am i impressed.

The trigger while gritty on the takeup it perfect. Has anyone tried to polish the surface to clean it up like that of a Glock? Seems straight forward and easy to do.

I could very well see myself buying another one just to play with it for myself.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the TP9sf elite. It just came out and the trigger is even better than the sa/sf models. Plus it is about the size of the g19 whereas the sa/sf model is g17 size. I have the sa model and love it. Great gun for the price.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted: Has anyone tried to polish the surface to clean it up like that of a Glock? Seems straight forward and easy to do.

View Quote
The trigger mechanism is an EXACT copy of the walther PPQ.  Search the Walther forums for a polishing how to.  Also, a GLOCK striker spring (G17, 19, etc) is a direct swap and lightens the pull up a hair and fits better in the striker channel.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trigger mechanism is an EXACT copy of the walther PPQ.  Search the Walther forums for a polishing how to.  Also, a GLOCK striker spring (G17, 19, etc) is a direct swap and lightens the pull up a hair and fits better in the striker channel.  
View Quote

Interesting to know. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome. We are starting to pick up some traction now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
PPQ M2 Trigger Job

So in light of this discussion, I wonder if this link is pertinent.  I have exactly the same issue with my TP9SA, the gritty take up.  I have no desire to lighten the pull at this point.  The pistol is very accurate which along with price is one of its major strong points.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PPQ M2 Trigger Job

So in light of this discussion, I wonder if this link is pertinent.  I have exactly the same issue with my TP9SA, the gritty take up.  I have no desire to lighten the pull at this point.  The pistol is very accurate which along with price is one of its major strong points.
View Quote

I'm not looking to lighten it either. It's every bit as crisp as my glock pyramid trigger. It just had the grit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Well then, maybe that link will help us, assuming the PPX M2 trigger mechanism is same or similar.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well then, maybe that link will help us, assuming the PPX M2 trigger mechanism is same or similar.
View Quote

PPX is hammer fired and nothing like the Canik.  PPQ's use the same design, as does the P99
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, didn't look the same either when viewing the pics vs the Canik.  Will look at the correct model.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Mosher? (I believe that's spelled right) Been seeing a lot about her on the canik pages. I love my SA. its kept on chugging. Not a direct replacement for a glock but they are outstanding guns. I want the elite BADLY. gonna wait and see if the price comes down at all.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mosher? (I believe that's spelled right) Been seeing a lot about her on the canik pages. I love my SA. its kept on chugging. Not a direct replacement for a glock but they are outstanding guns. I want the elite BADLY. gonna wait and see if the price comes down at all.
View Quote

thats the girl im referring to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
gonna wait and see if the price comes down at all.
View Quote

smart, the initial hype will have these bloated up around $400.  Wait til after XMAS and they'll drop to around $350 like it's brother guns
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#13]
i think i want one of these, but would opt for the tp9sfx.  too bad i can't find one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i think i want one of these, but would opt for the tp9sfx.  too bad i can't find one.
View Quote

yeah, they really blew it there.  That gun would be a super hot seller for those who use red dots and those who do competitions.  The features are right and the initial pricing I saw, $458 shipped, would've made it a home run.  No reason for it not to be out by now.  Hell, that gun was shown LONG before the Elite was.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently purchased a TP9SF.  So far I am very impressed with it, especially for the sub-$350 pistol.  The gun feels like a much more expensive pistol and the trigger is beyond excellent.   I'm in it for $338 out the door. The TP9SF Elite looks nice from what I have seen.  I am sure it is easily worth $50-75 more than the regular SF.  That said, $425ish isn’t that much cheaper than a Glock or other proven handgun with more aftermarket support.  I'd buy one for  $375 or less, past that I'd save a few more pennies for something else.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yeah, they really blew it there.  That gun would be a super hot seller for those who use red dots and those who do competitions.  The features are right and the initial pricing I saw, $458 shipped, would've made it a home run.  No reason for it not to be out by now.  Hell, that gun was shown LONG before the Elite was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i just sent century an email asking when we could expect to see the tp9sfx and the lady said they have a tentative release date in late may.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

i just sent century an email asking when we could expect to see the tp9sfx and the lady said they have a tentative release date in late may.
View Quote

Huh, last time I emailed them, they said tentative for Oct 2016...good grief
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top