Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
I've used rifles occasionally just for plinking since I was a kid.  Always wanted a handgun for target shooting and personal protection.  So here's the process for buying your fist handgun.

1) Shoot.
2) Wishful thinging.
3) Shoot.
4) Google, google, google (AR15.com is a great resource here)
5) Shoot some more.
6) If you can afford it, buy a H&K.

I rented a Baretta .40 and it nearly broke my wrist.  Then a Glock in .45 and it was very nice in fact. Everything they say about 40 being flippy and 45 being pushy is true.  I've used some 45 revolvers in the past (tough to control) and a SA 9mm (not too bad). I just worried about the lack of safety features on the Glock - I'm not in LE or military.  More than a little concerned about the whiplash from the .40, I then tried out the .40 Glock and it really wan't too bad in the recoil department.  That gave me the courage to go for the USP .40 (with never firing one). Smartest thing I ever did.

First shot at 10 yrds was an X!  The recoil is easily managable - especially with 180 gr.  Less recoil than the Glock.  Beautiful feel.  Very comfortable - love the grip.  I couldn't be more pleased.  I've put 400 rounds through it so far and can't wait to put 400 more through it!!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the purchase
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Good choice.  That was my first handgun also. I got serial #310. Bought one as soon as I saw they were available.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
congrats! a month ago i bought my frist usp c 40, too! i love it, so acurate and such a good gun! after 2500 rounds not one jam! now thats what you call quality! hope you have a blast with your new HK!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#4]
my first handgun was a USP45.
Once you go with highest quality handgun, it's very difficult to go lower!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top