Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 2:05:25 PM EDT
Haven't been on the dark side for some time now, but a friend offerred a G23 in GREAT condition (only minor holster wear on top corners of slide) for $250, with two regular capactiy mags and a neutered one. All in the tupperware.

It's been a while since I've owned a Glock and this pistol will be a dedicated weapon for my ATV....

Came with the 5lb trigger.

Does Glock by any chance upgrade their pistol frames to 3rd gen?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Haven't been on the dark side for some time now, but a friend offerred a G23 in GREAT condition (only minor holster wear on top corners of slide) for $250, with two regular capactiy mags and a neutered one. All in the tupperware.

It's been a while since I've owned a Glock and this pistol will be a dedicated weapon for my ATV....

Came with the 5lb trigger.

Glockmeister will change out your frame for a fee.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

For a shot time you could purchase a 3rd gen frame for $165(IIRS) from Glock shipped to your FFL dealer. They still might, give them a call.

I don't know why but I just like the 2nd gen frames a little better then the 3rd.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For a shot time you could purchase a 3rd gen frame for $165(IIRS) from Glock shipped to your FFL dealer. They still might, give them a call.

I don't know why but I just like the 2nd gen frames a little better then the 3rd.  

Would the main reason be the looks of the frame or the feel?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not use the Handall?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Would the main reason be the looks of the frame or the feel?

The feel. I don't use a weapons light so I really don't have a need for the rail or finger groves.  Even though I own several with them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate to break this to you but, you have a 2nd gen not a 1st . There is no such thing as a 1st gen  G23. The G23 & G22 were  introduced in 1990 and they changed the frames in 1988. Just an FYI

J

I knew a Glock Nazi would show up sooner or later.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I put  3M anti skid tape(a roll from Home depot is about $5.00, enough to do 20+ pistols) on my duty G23. Holds up well and gives me a nice firm grip. She has an extended Mag. release and slide stop. She also has Mepro's NS installed.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/SGT4527/G23-2.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top